My zero changed how ?

Maina

The gun was sighted in of a bench at 80 deg
I went out and shot prone at 60 deg. And I was shooting at 600 yards and everything changed . I was of my moa by .50 high .50 right , I changed it and I was back on .
Strange

Probably just from changing shooting position, going from a bench to the ground changes things in how the gun acts and how you interact with the gun during recoil.

To be sure that is t the issue run it Over a chrono at different temps and see why you get. Or to rule that out. Could be just the difference between the bench and prone or a combination of both.

If it was powder temp it should have put them low. Your going to need to do some trouble shooting, my dad gets very consistent results from shooting of a bench with a bipod and he puts a carpet on the bench which is similar to the traction and reaction you'll get from a prone position. If you intend to learn how to go long with precision you'll have to cross this bridge, either learn how to adapt each position so you get the same results or pick one position. I like to shoot from many positions so I'm very cognisant of how my rifle is going to react under recoil given the position. Could be something else but it's something to be on top of regardless.

I just saw that I would get a .50 difference on 20 deg . But it should have slowed it down but to hit high it would have speed up

I will trouble shoot it , you may be on to something prone I was of a bipod on the bench I was on a sand bag . I never give up lol took 6 months of running hand loads to find the round that worked .

I like the carpet idea on the hard bench . I'm betting it's going from a bench with sand bag to bipod on the ground . I will get this .
I will stay with bipod on ground and carpet on bench with bipod

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts