Have 30-06 change to .300wm?

I could be wrong but I don't think Mark is saying 210s "needed" 1:11 twist to stabilize, but rather 1:11 twist will stabilize the 210.

Nosler recommends the 1:10 (300 Winchester Magnum).

You are right Ed, they need a maximum twist of 11" or tighter. They do recommend a 10" twist. And I would recommend a 10" twist or tighter in any 30 cal rifle meant for LR shooting.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-accubond-long-range-problem-120135/index4.html

The 215 Hybrids will stabilize in a 10" twist and significantly out perform the 210 ABLR

The 215 Hybrid isn't available in a hunting-jacket thickness. It isn't bonded, and it isn't tipped.

It probably will outperform the 210 ABLR ballistically, but there are other reasons a person may prefer the ABLR.

The 215 Hybrid isn't available in a hunting-jacket thickness. It isn't bonded, and it isn't tipped.

It probably will outperform the 210 ABLR ballistically, but there are other reasons a person may prefer the ABLR.

Yup, everyone certainly has a choice. There was a time that Berger called their now "hunting" bullets, "target" bullets.

It's hard to argue with 19 shots and 19 kills.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/index12.html

You use the ABLR's. I'll use the 230 Hybrids in my RUM.

Wow you guys have posted great information. I see that I should probably go to plan B and get the savage 111 long range hunter in .300WM (so I can load to full length the big bullets ) and I also was thinking about the nosler LRAB in the 210. It`s those small details that you guys have pointed out that make the difference . I hate it when you get the gun and find those details out later. I have done that too many times.
I just double checked before posting, the long range hunter in .300 wm has a twist rate of 10"how will that work as Kcebcj said 11 is whats recommended as I would like to shoot the 210 LRAC

if you go to a more powerful cartridge you need the same or higher level of accuracy. the 111 is not a Remington sendero. .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.