Mixed Martial Arts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thehulk, Feb 4, 2012.

1. thehulk

thehulk Well-Known Member

I realize this isn't the forum for this, but its a general discussion. So I was wondering how many of you watch MMA? Do we have any fighters, or members who train any facet of the game?

I train, and fight professionally (lol, not gonna quit my day job though!) I have some videos, i'll post them if anyone cares to watch them.

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I want to learn this systema stuff. I have not found a gym yet. All I have ever done is what the ARMY teaches now and a few months of something called American combat tactics. I like it alot makes your confidence go through the roof.

3. thehulk

Systema is pretty solid, although I dont think its any better than one discipline.

Confidence is key when fighting, thats for sure.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

Man it just looks so effective

5. skookum

skookum Well-Known Member

I trained before i deployed, never fought professionally though. The Army training all depends on who your teacher is, The guy running the show for my level 2 class fought semi-pro on the side and he was great, but he also tought us alot more than the army standards and went more into depth. I agree, makes you feel like a big man when you get out of the gym. Cant wait to get back into it when we get home.

6. thehulk

Looks can be deceiving, take Akido for example... watch one of there matches and it looks awesome. Not real practical though, systema is practical but im not impressed with it. In my humble opinion, a Blackbelt BJJ will own a Master systema, to me it looks sloppy. But then again im not fighting with knives so my opinion might not be completely accurate. haha

Heres my pro debut, I got a little excited ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vahSuwiCXr4]Jesse "Hulk" Hernandez Pro Debut - YouTube[/ame]

7. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

I have done Martial Arts and boxing most of my life and am friends with a guy in our town who trains some very good MMA fightesr. His name is Greg Jackson and he run a fairly large gym.

No interest in it though. It's pretty brutal, but effective!

8. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

The Hulk, job well done!!

9. ICANHITHIMMAN

A little lol:D What do you fight at?

10. 3silent0warrior8

3silent0warrior8 New Member

yes hulk, while im nowhere near a pro, i i have been training for about a year now really enjoying the sport. hoping to maybe get in the cage in the next six to eight months. although im considered rather old for the sport at age 38 it was more of a bucket list thing. dont really expect to make the big time just have fun, get into shape and maybe fight once or twice.

11. thehulk

I fight heavyweight, im 6'2 275lbs w/80inch reach.

Capt. Academy, show Mr.Jackson and see what he thinks, im a HUGE fan of his coaching.

12. ICANHITHIMMAN

Dang you got 55LBS on me and we are the same hight

13. thehulk

lol thats a nice way to say im fat Hitman!! uh oh, hulks getting... uh A-N-GRRYYYY you wont like.........

14. ICANHITHIMMAN

LOL no ur just bigger than me, by the way you were moving I dont want to say anything offensive.