Mixing powder !!!??

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't for experimentation we would probably only have three or four different burning rates or square wheels as you put it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not one of the other powders were created by a reloader at home, but by trained engineers doing it for a company in a controlled environment, so IMO totally invalid comparison.

One small misstep and you are the latest candidate for the Darwin Awards minus a face. "Nothing ventured" sometimes is the smart thing to do. However, the Darwin Awards will make you an instant star.

Your face, so feel free to proceed.

BH

[ QUOTE ]
One small misstep and you are the latest candidate for the Darwin Awards minus a face. "Nothing ventured" sometimes is the smart thing to do. However, the Darwin Awards will make you an instant star.

Your face, so feel free to proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly why I DO NOT do it anymore!!! I enjoy shooting and hunting too much do risk a major problem.

Hi here is a simple answer
Dont Do it!!

When you mix powders you can not guarentee ecact placement and burn characteristics of the mixture so that is why their can be good results sometines then the next time it does not work. Some have tried this and blown their gun up. as i said dont do it as you can loose more that a few dollars in testing and hopefuly you dont loose any body part or function if sompthing daes not work. Powder companies spend milions to develope an exact burning rate and bomb testing to check the correct burn rates if the powder you have does not make you happy buy some that does dont just mix powder so you can use up powder you have on hand i would rather burn it or spread it on the grass for fertiliser than risking my life or body.

Cheers Bill

Does it really make a good fertilizer?? bit expensive ain't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Does it really make a good fertilizer?? bit expensive ain't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, is doesn't make good fertilizer. Nitrocellulose is a plastic that is soluble in Acetone+ether.

It doesn't dissolve on your lawn. It's like throwing Leggo's on your grass.

I mixed up quite a few pounds of different stuff once, then we checked the burn rate using a short fuse and a kitchen match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pretty cool till it got down to the 2# or so of Bullseye and Unique, then it blew bits of the other stuff in about a 3' area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Other than that I am very happy to play with them one at a time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.