Gun stock art work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Diamond 408, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

I work at a University here in Iowa and talked a Art student into painting a Elk head on a custom rifle im building for my cousin. It is a surprise 71st birthday gift from his wife. The picture just don't do the art work justice. The stock is a Lone Wolf 100% carbon fiber, will be mounted under my single shot 338 snipe-tac rifle, 5.5x22 nightforce, 32" ABS carbon barrel, Titainum muzzel brake.

I like how the Elk picture blends into the gel coat, Grey, Green, Black.

[image][​IMG][/image]

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

That looks cool , very good work , I like little things like that that kinda take a second look to take apperciation for.

3. screech

screech Well-Known Member

you'll have to tell him or her he has a calling in painting. that is nothing less than awesome. Tell him or her that the painting looks good for me.

4. Black Diamond 408

Yes its a she painter, her work is very good. She has items on display in the Art Gallery here. Has a Wolf painting that is outstanding. I am going to have her put a Moose on my stock.

5. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Is she going to do it for the public?

6. Black Diamond 408

Screech,

I don't know for sure what her intentions are at this time. If anyone wants stuff done on stocks, ect. i will ask her. You have to clear coat the area to protect the art work. If anyone wants more info drop me an email.
    viersco@yahoo.com

Dave