Gun stock art work

Black Diamond 408

I work at a University here in Iowa and talked a Art student into painting a Elk head on a custom rifle im building for my cousin. It is a surprise 71st birthday gift from his wife. The picture just don't do the art work justice. The stock is a Lone Wolf 100% carbon fiber, will be mounted under my single shot 338 snipe-tac rifle, 5.5x22 nightforce, 32" ABS carbon barrel, Titainum muzzel brake.

I like how the Elk picture blends into the gel coat, Grey, Green, Black.

[image][/image]

That looks cool , very good work , I like little things like that that kinda take a second look to take apperciation for.

you'll have to tell him or her he has a calling in painting. that is nothing less than awesome. Tell him or her that the painting looks good for me.

Yes its a she painter, her work is very good. She has items on display in the Art Gallery here. Has a Wolf painting that is outstanding. I am going to have her put a Moose on my stock.

Screech,

I don't know for sure what her intentions are at this time. If anyone wants stuff done on stocks, ect. i will ask her. You have to clear coat the area to protect the art work. If anyone wants more info drop me an email.
[email protected]

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.