Update to Chris Matthews work of art

trader388

I haven't had much time to shoot my new rig. But I did manage to shoot one 5 shot group the other day. Considering it's factory ammo I'm shooting and it was nearly dark , I'd say the group is pretty darn good!

But I must be honest here I think the groups aren't as much me shooting but the rifle. I am a complete newbie to shooting groups/accuracy. This is my first custom rig. And I've only owned one other rifle prior to this. I haven't learned any shooting techniques yet and I haven't even begun to learn how to hand load. So right now I just aim try to hold steady and pull the trigger and these are the results I get! I couldn't be happier!!!

Here are some more pics of Chris's fine craftmanship and attention to detail. Thank you Chris Matthews!!!

I've asked Ric to host the pics. Thanks Ric.

Here ya go 338....

5 shots at 100 yards

5shotat100_2.jpg

Sweet Rig!

Chris.JPG

You jumped in with both feet![ QUOTE ]
I've only owned one other rifle prior to this. I haven't learned any shooting techniques yet and I haven't even begun to learn how to hand load.

[/ QUOTE ]A good shooting rifle can bring out the best in us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice rig! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bummer that you spent your money on a rifle like that. Dang, but hey, we all make mistakes like that at some point in our lives. Oh well, live and learn.

BTW if you want to dump that gun when you get tired of firing 5 shots just to make one teency weency hole let me know. I couldn't give you much for it but it's better than nuthin'.

Let me know.

( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifFingers crossed but not holding my breath.)
( Gonehuntingagain and Dave in Idaho, Shut up O.K. It might work)

People keep telling me I should learn on a 308....everything is for sale at the right price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif email me.

That rifle looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Chris is going to build my next rifle. I'm really looking forward to having it all put together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CHRIS

Hey what part of western NC you in.?. the family has a cabin and property there.... Might even be putting in a 1K range in the future.....

Yup I know where ya are..!!! We have a place in Burnsville... We have a project going on in the area and I may be spending a bit of time there .. If so I have permission to build a 1K range on some of the property...

I'll keep ya posted...!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts