Midway USA

Yes, they are nitro fast on shipping but their packaging flat out stinks,
They're supposed to be implementing a new packaging system. I've seen some of the tech in person at a small parts vendor that I assume is similar to what they're implementing based on their email, they should have a significantly better shipping packing here soon. It's hard picking orders for so many separate SKUs in such small packaging.

I don't understand the Midway hate, Bruno's has always been marked up even when things aren't bad. I see Bruno's premium as a cost of getting guaranteed lot-matched bulk counts of components. So what if there's no volume discount, I'd rather get a box of ten powder cans than ten random cans for a couple bucks cheaper.

I'm not here to bash any supplier, but I don't buy from any place that overcharges for what I am looking for. Midway has good prices on some items and not so good on others. Walmart sometimes has lower prices on items than Sam's club does and they are the same company. To top that off Sam's and Walmart share the same parking lot in my town.

My last three orders from Midway have arrived a day or two early. My last order for bullets do I wish I had been more greedy, because now they are out of them again. But I DO have enough for the current needs. I shop around, and sometimes I may find some items less other places. Often there is FREE shipping and you can see how things start to level out. Shop around and buy what you need when you can find it.

Does anyone know what is going on at Midway? For the last 3 days, they show that they are completely out of gunpowder. Did Larry sell his entire supply to some other retailer? They are not even showing black powder in stock!
Larry is moving to a bigger warehouse about 5 miles from the old one according to a email I just got from MidwayUSA. So I would say its probably that if it corrects itself in a few days.

I have been buying from Midway since his flyer was a single sheet of paper.His prices and service have always been fair.He usually has more in stock than most other online stores and I usually get my orders within 2 days.Larry does a lot to support shooting sports that most have no idea of.My suggestion,if you don`t like him,buy elsewhere.

Just finished digging out from the last snow. Have a Timney trigger coming that I may not see for a while. I suppose I'm accustomed to things getting out here slowly. I'm thankful that the various delivery services even try much of the year. Ofttimes they'll call and ask how our road is or if they can put the package in our mailbox up on the county road a couple miles from the house. A small price for privacy.

I totally agree with OldElkHunter1. Screw everybody! Get as much as you can while you can. And the same goes for gas and groceries too! Don't like it? Open your own store! Goodwill is over-rated. You'll all be back on your hands and knees begging them to take your money before too long.
(for those slow on the uptake, sarcasm off)

I cant say I'm happy to pay their prices for hazmat items but they're not the only ones doing it. I boycotted forever Cheaper Than Dirt back in the 22lr shortages over their gouging. If enough people protest they'll pay in the long run. But note also our shifts in society are playing a role. People dont want to work unless they're getting a high wage. They're demanding to not work themselves to death to only afford beans and rice. Good for them. If they're buying fuel to drive to work it's less beans and rice on grocery day. Then theres the fact you just can't get anyone to work period. Have you tried to hire lately? It's nearly impossible, blue collar, white collar doesnt matter. You have to offer exceptional pay and benefits to hire a floor sweeper. No employees means you're over working the ones you have, paying over time/double time hurts. It also raises injuries, sick times which equals an absent employee you're still paying. Times are tough. I wont judge them just yet because times are unlike any times most of us have seen. I have a lot of friends in their 80s and they're perplexed too as to where we're headed. Hunker down and hold on. In truth, most of do this shooting thing as a hobby/lifestyle. Not many of us depend on this for our living, maybe 1%. Hobbies are the first thing to go in tough times and lifestyle adjustments come with hard times. I hope for better times but I think we're in for a long haul. My 2c

I suggest you reread my post. "Vote with your wallet" (meaning shop where you prefer the prices and services). Take a few deep, cleansing breaths too. Might help with your blood pressure. Have a great day!

I suggest you reread all the posts. No one has suggested that anyone is compelled to buy from anyone. Your defending the practice of scalping handloaders is ridiculous. Some of us are just exercising our rights of free speech.

I totally agree with OldElkHunter1. Screw everybody! Get as much as you can while you can. And the same goes for gas and groceries too! Don't like it? Open your own store! Goodwill is over-rated. You'll all be back on your hands and knees begging them to take your money before too long.
(for those slow on the uptake, sarcasm off)
We don't live in an all or nothing world. Aristotle has it about right: "Virtue is the mean between two extremes." Meaning, somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Take a walk. Leave your smartphone at home. You need a change of scenery.