Midway USA

I agree with the "it's a free country, buy all you want" to an extent but there are exceptions.

When the .22 LR shortage was going on, a dealer in Cody, Wy told me of a gentleman who inquired about ammo. When told that they had none, he responded "well, I have over 10,000 rounds at home but I'm always looking for more."
Unless he was planning to go to a very large city and sponsor a kids shooting clinic, the only thing that man accomplished by hoarding those .22 shells was that he was keeping them out of the hands of those who needed them most- the kids who just wanted to shoot.

Everyone has a right to buy what they can, but as the saying goes "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

I agree with the "it's a free country, buy all you want" to an extent but there are exceptions.

When the .22 LR shortage was going on, a dealer in Cody, Wy told me of a gentleman who inquired about ammo. When told that they had none, he responded "well, I have over 10,000 rounds at home but I'm always looking for more."
Unless he was planning to go to a very large city and sponsor a kids shooting clinic, the only thing that man accomplished by hoarding those .22 shells was that he was keeping them out of the hands of those who needed them most- the kids who just wanted to shoot.

Everyone has a right to buy what they can, but as the saying goes "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
take a look at whats going on in ukraine and tell me we should't
because if you think our government wouldn't do the something to us
your blind and in serious denial
i ve got enough powder ,primers & bullets to load close to 250,000 rounds in the 4 calibers i shoot & close to that many components for the 3 scatterguns i l own and i add more
items as i find them

Just happened to look at the monthly ad in Precision Shooting, April 2002 for Bruno Shooters Supply. Wolf Match Target 22 rimfire, case price $165.00 (5,000)rds and Hodgdon powders 8LB were $109.95, so they didn't think poorly of a guy that ordered a case 22's back then, not gonna start now. A brick of 22's is still a great Christmas gift to a kid, especially if they got a new rifle.

Does anyone know what is going on at Midway? For the last 3 days, they show that they are completely out of gunpowder. Did Larry sell his entire supply to some other retailer? They are not even showing black powder in stock!
Probably let the stock run down purposely to make the move to the new warehouse shipping center easier and cheaper.

They seem to be getting regular shipments so I would not be too concerned especially if it shows, "Backorder Ok".

i ve got enough powder ,primers & bullets to load close to 250,000 rounds in the 4 calibers i shoot & close to that many components for the 3 scatterguns i l own and i add more
items as i find them
Maybe you missed the part where I said I AGREE with buying what you can? The exception being when grown men are hoarding .22 shells at a time when NOBODY could get them and therefore preventing the next generation from getting bit by the shooting bug.

Thanks. That shows how much attention I pay.
Thanks. That shows how much attention I pay.
Since Larry is gone maybe I'll start looking at Midway quicker, it was on the bottom of the list of having to if I want it. I don't care that much for him after a conversation we had about 10 or so years ago. I know he didn't miss just my business, but when someone is as rude as he was then I move on to greener pastures.

btw Powder Valley had powder in stock, at least some, and I scored 8# of 296. I haven't loaded with this much the past few years but I'll see if my new 300 WM likes it.

im not sure the next generation is gonna be interested in anything that isn't attached to a smart phone, x box, tablet or netflix
they can't even make up it's mind what gender it wants to be .
I'm not even sure if they could figure out what end of a firearm
is the barrel vs the stock

items as i find them
You aren't fighting that war with 22LR. And ain't no one going to be running a press when the rockets are going off, if you can't walk away with it it's not useful.

If you're serious about being serious, you already have a stash for real work.

im not sure the next generation is gonna be interested in anything that isn't attached to a smart phone, x box, tablet or netflix
they can't even make up it's mind what gender it wants to be .
I'm not even sure if they could figure out what end of a firearm
is the barrel vs the stock
Not in my neck of the woods. My teenage son has killed his deer two years in a row now with the 7 rem mag I built him. The year before last it was a 405 yard shot offhand. My middle-schooler shoots rimfire, 6.5 creed, and 50 cal muzzleloader. He's irritated if he isn't putting up sub moa groups with anything he shoots. My older son has no interest in handloading, but my younger son often helps; I still seat the primers and weigh the powder though. My younger son is too scrawny to push hard enough to run the manual trimmer I have, but he's touched off an 8# 375h@h... go figure.

btw Powder Valley had powder in stock, at least some, and I scored 8# of 296. I haven't loaded with this much the past few years but I'll see if my new 300 WM likes it.
I hope that was in jest... 296 in a 300wm? 30 carbine or 44mag yup.. bottle neck rifles and 296 wouldn't do well...