Midway USA Press?

Steel Rain

Hey guys. I was just scouting out the local pawn shop today and noticed a huge blue reloading press on the floor. I asked to see it and it was a very heavy duty single stage press. It was larger than a Rock Chucker and kind of a metallic blue color. It was branded as Midway USA. I've never seen or heard of this press. I did googlefu and search on LRH and haven't come up with any info. Additionally, I called Midway and they said it had been discontinued so long ago that they didn't have any data on it. So, I asked to speak with Larry Potterfield. I was joking although I don't think the lady on the other end of the line put that together. Could someone please enlighten me on maybe who built the press for Midway and if it is worth the $70 they are asking. I liked it but didn't know enough about it to drop the coin on it. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys. I was just scouting out the local pawn shop today and noticed a huge blue reloading press on the floor. I asked to see it and it was a very heavy duty single stage press. It was larger than a Rock Chucker and kind of a metallic blue color. It was branded as Midway USA. I've never seen or heard of this press. I did googlefu and search on LRH and haven't come up with any info. Additionally, I called Midway and they said it had been discontinued so long ago that they didn't have any data on it. So, I asked to speak with Larry Potterfield. I was joking although I don't think the lady on the other end of the line put that together. Could someone please enlighten me on maybe who built the press for Midway and if it is worth the $70 they are asking. I liked it but didn't know enough about it to drop the coin on it. Thanks for your help.

I think Dillon presses are heavy and Blue.

**** MudRunner, that was fast. Do you have a blackbeltin googlefu? That may be it actually. The color was a little different. But hey, maybe there is more lead in the pawn shop find. That clears it up. I will in fact offer them $50. I appreciate the help.

**** MudRunner, that was fast. Do you have a blackbeltin googlefu? That may be it actually. The color was a little different. But hey, maybe there is more lead in the pawn shop find. That clears it up. I will in fact offer them $50. I appreciate the help.
I do. :D It helps that I have to work behind one of these stupid screens all day as it is, finding blueprints, contractors, and engineers, so I guess I picked up a few tricks along the way. LOL I used to work out in the steel shop, but was forced to get a sideways "promotion" (same salary, just more headache), when the guy in the office quit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.