Mcwhorter 7SPRC rifle

hunter9pt

Trying to get some info. Does anyone have information about the Mcwhorter 7 SPRC? I own all 7mm mag. And love them. Mcwhorter said it's a short action, I have never own a short action of any kind but I'm thinking about getting one. Does anyone have experience with it and how are the FPS and the accuracy, how far can you actually shoot with it? and can it out preform the 7mm mag? Where does it stand against the 7mm magnum and the 7 STW? Looking to hunt big whitetail and Elks. I would like to shoot about 700 yards max.

Trying to get some info. Does anyone have information about the Mcwhorter 7 SPRC? I own all 7mm mag. And love them. Mcwhorter said it's a short action, I have never own a short action of any kind but I'm thinking about getting one. Does anyone have experience with it and how are the FPS and the accuracy, how far can you actually shoot with it? and can it out preform the 7mm mag? Where does it stand against the 7mm magnum and the 7 STW? Looking to hunt big whitetail and Elks. I would like to shoot about 700 yards max.
If it's a necked up 6.5 prc you are likely looking at about 2900' with a 180

1644025732562.png

Has anyone here actually own one? I'm curious for more raw data. Powders, seating depth, etc

I have a 6.5 cm barrel I'd like to use by rechambering to 7mm but it might be cheaper to just order a new barrel all together. Thoughts?

I have a 6.5 cm barrel I'd like to use by rechambering to 7mm but it might be cheaper to just order a new barrel all together. Thoughts?

First and foremost, trying to shoot a 7mm bullet through a 6.5mm bore would be a little tenuous. In fact, extremely unadvisable as being dangerous.

You can have your 6.5mm barrel rebored to 7mm then a new chamber cut. There are currently 3 businesses which offer reboring as a service. The cost will approach or equal the cost of a new barrel blank alone. The new blank requires a chamber and crown plus threading to be usable.

First and foremost, trying to shoot a 7mm bullet through a 6.5mm bore would be a little tenuous. In fact, extremely unadvisable as being dangerous.

You can have your 6.5mm barrel rebored to 7mm then a new chamber cut. There are currently 3 businesses which offer reboring as a service. The cost will approach or equal the cost of a new barrel blank alone. The new blank requires a chamber and crown plus threading to be usable.
Would never shoot a 7mm out of a 6.5 bore, ever!

I should have better articulated my question, my apologies. What 3 businesses offer reboring as a service by chance? Although it does seem best to sell the current 6.5 bore barrel and start fresh.

Do a search for 'rifle barrel reboring' online. You should come up with:

Classic Barrel and Gunworks

Randy's Custom Rifles ( only part time reboring, rest shown are full time)

JES (usually .35 cal. only)

Oregon Gunsmithing

Can someone help me with this? After talking with mcwhorter, they are using 58-59 grains of rl26 to get 3k fps from a 180 grain 7mm. The max load from hornady of rl26 is 55.6 grains pushing a 140. 58-59 grains seems like it would generate serious pressure. Thoughts?

Can someone help me with this? After talking with mcwhorter, they are using 58-59 grains of rl26 to get 3k fps from a 180 grain 7mm. The max load from hornady of rl26 is 55.6 grains pushing a 140. 58-59 grains seems like it would generate serious pressure. Thoughts?
Number 1, manuals are usually on the low side to cover all rifle/barrel combos on the safe side, and McWhorter is no doubt using ADG brass, not Hornady! Number 2, they no doubt are running pretty hot to get 3000' out of a 69 grain capacity case. My SS will do it easily and it holds 73+. My SST will do it barely with 71 grain capacity and a shorter burn column and less tapered brass than the PRC. Some people on this forum call BS on me for saying Sherman clients get those velocities with the Sherman shorts, so Ill leave it at that. I don't like people telling me what mine WILL NOT do, so Im not telling you what the 7/PRC will not do; just giving a comparison.