McWhorter Rifles

leaddog

Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? Good or bad. Looking at one for a the 338 lapua hunting rifle.

I certainly do not, but I'm sure someone here does. Have you looked into one of the sites gunsmith's. I feel pretty confident saying you can't go wrong with any of them. Lots of guys on here have used them. I've even used one of 'em:).

Tim McWhorter is a first class gun smith. He used to do rimfire benchrest and has built many an award winning gun. I own a sporter he built for BR50 years ago. YES I know you will not believe this but it is capable of shooting in the zeros. That is less than .10 of an inch 5 shot groups. Mine is a sako action built with a stith stock, lilja tight .22lr bbl, a jewel 2oz trigger. Mcwhorter smithed this and it is a true shooter. He no longer builds rimfire guns and focuses solely on Centerfire from what I understand. Any smith that can make a rimfire gun shoot in the zeros is certainly capable of making an incredible centerfire weapon. I know there are differences but accuracy comes from the attention to details. No matter the flavor, a true action is a true action, an incredible bedding is incredible bedding, a trigger properley set with no creep that breaks consistently at the same .........You get the point. To answer your question an emphatic yes.

I have a Sendero SFII that McWhorter rebarreled, bedded, braked, and accurized. It is now a very good shooter. With a little reloading work, consistently shoots 168 gr VLD's into 3/8-1/2" groups @ 100 yds.

I now have three McWhorter rifles and solidly recommend these guns. VERY accurate, well put together, balanced, and they perform as advertised. I have worked with both Allan Rovig and Tim McWhorter on building my guns and they were very knowledgeable and helpful in my selection process.

Absolute top notch from quality to finish to results. you will not be disappointed. i have three.....

Old post woke from the dead, but I'll comment since it's here. I have one in a 300 WBY and it is definitely a one-holer. They break the gun in and even develop a load in the bullet of your choice. Although, they used Vih N165 and I now only use H1000. I am very satisfied with my McWhorter Rifle.

My Custom 300wsm is a freaking awesome rifle. Super accurate .20 with 180gr TTSX, balanced, beautiful McMillan stock, all metal coated, bottom metal is flawless, trigger is crisp.........best $5000 I ever spent on a rifle:D

I own five McWhorter rifle's and as others have said they are absolute tack drivers. I'll probably add a sixth this year.