McWhorter 7WSM?

wasskeet

Just saw a McWhorter with titanium action, 26" fluted stainless and marbled camo stock in 7 WSM for $2450.00 in a LGS. Appears shot very little, but seems bottom metal/magazine is poor fit. Probably relatively simple fix? Very tempting, just don't know much about these guns. What do y'all think?

Have two and no poor fit of anything on either one. Great guns and people to deal with. Bet you could get serial number and call them to get rifle details. Saving up to purchase a third when I can.

Absolutely one of the best customs you can buy!
I have never seen an issue that McWhorter weren't scrambling to fix. They stand by there product with absoluteness.
Even if you aren't the original purchaser, I'm sure they will help you out and the price is very good to boot.

Cheers.

They aren't quite as high on my list with fit detail sometimes as others have professed but, they will by God shoot! You wont find a better deal at that price. If it is a functionality issue, I guarantee they will fix it for you!

Last edited:
Mcwhorter does not sell anything that's a poor fit !! I own one and they are flawless.
they have a name to hold up so it wouldn't happen.

Also the 7 wsm is dead !! Not saying it's a bad round but hard to find Winchester brass and that's your only option as far as I know

Well, I now own it. Got a fair amount of brass, some loaded ammo (had to pull later) and dies in the deal. Mediocre shooter with the loaded ammo which after a call to the good folks at McWhorter, I find out is not their recipe. I spoke with DJ and he filled me in with the #1 load for this particular rifle along with a few others to try if I could not secure any H1000. Thanks to a very generous fellow here, I now have some H1000 and should get a chance to try some out by next week.