Mcmillan EOL Outdoorsman Hunting Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one picture I snapped of the older gentleman's buck and a shot of my buck.

The light weight and easy handling of this rifle makes it a pleasure to hunt with. It is light enough to hike all day and handles so easy when I am getting ready for a shot. The action has remained slick as a button from Alaska to the dry dusty heat of the antelope desert. The ergonomics of the stock and slick handling light weight make it a top notch easy handling and accurate long range rifle. Having the one shot long range hunting capability in a rifle this light is a credit to the craftmanship of the rifle.

View attachment 13068

View attachment 13069
Very nice. Congrats on yours and even more for the hunts with your son and helping the old man. I've been in similar situations before (old man hunt) and I know for a fact that will be with him till the day he dies.

How'd this buck measure? He looks to be somewhere in the 15 1/2-16 1/2" range with just a rough guess and nothing to compare it to.

Thanks, he was a really good one for this year. All the feed and water holes dried up over the summer and not much for horns this year. He is one of the biggest bucks I have seen this year in the area and I drive through it regularly seeing hundreds of antelope. I haven't put a tape on him but all that curl and mass in the horns along with good prongs make him decieving. A guy at the camp site said he roughed him right at 82" which is a dandy for this year when it is hard to find a 13" buck out there in this area. I thought he looked about 78" to me. I saw numerous bucks taken out there and this one is quite a bit larger than any of the others I saw taken. On an average year there would be several taken out of the area this size on opening weekend. This buck on an average year with good feed and water would have been a huge dream buck over 85" probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.