McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

Long Time Long Ranger

As sevral of you know I have had a number of family emergencies over the past six weeks and have just returned home. I have just recieved the beautiful McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Rifle that came in last week. I just opened the case and was overwhelmed with the quality and attention to detail Mcmillan has put into this rifle. It is an absolutely beautiful rifle that oozes quality craftmanship from the ergonomic stock design and bedding/mating to the barreled action to the fine details of the EOL lettering. Some things I noticed immediately was how light, easy handling and well balanced the rifle was with the Nightforce scope that came with it. The action just glides with ease as I work it. The trigger breaks crisp and clean exactly where I like it for hunting purposes. Not to light or strong. The muzzle break is sleek and matches the rifle well not looking like an abnormal growth on the end of the barrel like some.

I am going to check the rifle out some today and provide details but just wanted to let everyone know I have recieved the rifle. Please reply with questions of things you want checked out about the rifle and I will get to as many as possible and report with exact details. Sorry I don't have anything exact right now but basically just wanted everyone to know it has arrived. And most of all how impressed I am initially by just opening the case and shouldering the rifle. The quality of top craftmanship and attention to detail is obvious right out of the case.

I will provide pictures along with detailed information later.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear your review. I've been interested in this ever since I read about u doing a review. I can't think of any questions other than how it stack up in the accuracy dept.

EOL TV had an episode last week of how Mcmillian builds their rifles. Very informative and impressive. I have been to the Mcmillian website but it looks like to get a price you have to contact them. Is there a round figure that you could give us for let's say a 300 win mag or 300 rum? looking forwrd to your review. Thank's, Brad

I just had to report this. Had to go to Riverton today and didn't get back until just before dark. We hoped we would get home in time to at least zero the rifle this evening. We had about 20 minutes before dark and my wife said lets just go shoot a group. The suspense was killing us. I had some accuracy loads for my personal 300 RUM and tried those. I boresighted and fired one shot a couple inches off. I adjusted the nightforce to hit a small mark I put above the bullseye where I wanted to hit. Next shot right through the mark. Then two more shots right through the first hole. Then it was dark. This rifle is way sweet. Recoil is not felt at all and not an issue with the 180 grain .6 bc cutting edge C-21 Bullets. Easily a quarter inch group in a hurry before dark. I am extremely impressed with my first impression of this rifle.

Sorry I got ahead of myself but the suspense of wanting to at least fire a round through this beautiful rifle got the best of us. I will try and get some pictures and specs of the rifle up tommorrow.

Sounds like a shooter for sure. Any more than two bullets in one hole is very rarely a fluke or happenstance.

Does that gun come with a free class that you can take? I saw a show last night where a guy shot a buck at 980 is and 1050ish. He was using a 338 lapua and I think it was a mcmillian custom. Claimed he hit the deer twice but the first shot look like a miss.

My appologies, I left for a whitetail trip Sunday and hunted Monday and Tuesday. Then been with the family doing stuff for thanksgiving. We are taking pictures in the morning while my son can help me download to computer and upload here. I am not very good at it.

Tuesday morning I took a monster 10 point whitetail at 768 yards with the first shot I fired this rifle at game. Will report on that later. My son took a nice 5x4 mulie at 326 yards with his first shot fired at game with it. So far two shots and two nice bucks at a combined 1094 yards.

[ I have been to the McMillan website but it looks like to get a price you have to contact them. Is there a round figure that you could give us for let's say a 300 win mag or 300 rum? looking forward to your review. Thanks, Brad[/QUOTE]

Prices are on our website. To to Rifles, then to Custom Collection, then choose the model you are interested in and scroll down through the data and at the bottom you will find the price. The only difference in an EOL model and our standard models price wise is that the EOL comes with a 20MOA Picatiny style scope base rail so the price reflected is a little higher than our standard models. Also, the LRH and the LRH-L come with fluted barrels as opposed to our standard non-fluted SR-60 contour on our standard LRH.

We are working on a completely new page specifically for our EOL Line. As a matter of fact I am off to the photographers now to have the photos done. Stay tuned.

My appologies to everyone for not keeping this thread active with info. As many of you know I have been driving back and forth across the country helping my sick parents. I have been on rotation two weeks there then one week here with my family since early November. It has been difficult. My mom had a heart attack and my dad cancer surgery a week apart across the country from me. Got to keep those old WW2 vets that hit the Normandy beaches kicking. Not many around any more. I am at home in Wyoming for Christmas and have quite a bit to report on the rifle so will be doing that the next couple of weeks either here or on the general info threads or both.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.