Made in the USA important to you?

Generaly made in the USA helps sell me on something BUT
The last four rifles I've bought have been 2 CZ527 (223 and 6.5 Grendel) and 2 Tikka's (6.5 sweede and 30-06)
My 3 favorrite pistols are a
Tisas 45 acp
Canik 9mm
Eaa 10mm.

I guess I'm just prepairing to shoot my way out of communism ?
Ps
Its been increasingly hard to buy made in the USA. Board of directors,lawyers, unions and politicians have moved many things oversees. levi and rocky where some of the first but too many others followed.
Hopefully we are seeing it come back and people actually go back to work. Way too many collage people filling positions that dont need to be there!

Last edited:
I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?

I absolutely do!
Sometimes I'll buy things from Japan or Europe without much thought, but nobody takes their manufacturing to China for better quality. It's all about their bottom line.

Great thought provoking thread!

I don't look for where many things are made, I support quality first, WAY to many companies building crap with zero innovation only based on American made marketing and I refuse to buy over priced lesser quality products just because of origin!!
Same goes for buy local, I go into the local grocery chain and I know they get their food delivered by same truck on its way to a larger town and Im paying significantly more because they know I have to drive two hours to get the normal pricing, they can pound sand with the "be local, buy local".
There is zero reason to accept lesser quality and value, I do not own an American made optic, every asian optic i own tracks better than the american optics I owned.and not one has been returned for service unlike the US made optics which spent time on the brown truck but they don't care because American Made is a stronger marketing strategy than quality and value!

Being a veteran, I make it a point to buy american if the quality is there. It is a personal choice what a person buys so I don't get upset with any one over it. I also boycott certain stores that have polices that I don't like. But that's the american way.

I have found that cheep is more expensive most of the time. so I buy american when it is as good or better than foreign and mostly stay away from Chinese goods.

Just me.

J E CUSTOM

I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?
I think as we get older we tend to put more emphasis on these type things .

I do buy American cars, trucks etc! I buy as many clothes and shoes as I can that are made in the US but it gets hard. Guns and scopes American but I am looking German/ Austrian at glass now. I am one guy who believes we must manufacture in this country again or it will become just a Country of services and second rate at that! I also patronize small business , hardware stores , gun shops mom and pop stores!

I always have gone out of my way to buy American, from shoes to clothes to cars.i would pay more for American made stuff even if the quality is the same or lesser than the competition. I dont mind spending a few extra bucks for something that the neighbor assembled rather than people who want us dead and don't believe in our way of life. I dont shop at walmart, i buy Union whenever i can. I have always owned union built cars but would buy a foreign car built on US SOIL. Before a chevy built in mexico with a chinese motor

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.