Made in the USA important to you?

But i think what your calling poor actions are really just actions you dont understand or agree with. He is a business man, not a diplomat. All things are not what they seem on the surface. In this world of instant info, and more importantly, constant leaks, the process is judged before the end game is realized.

help me understand the long term positive implications of the bad trade deal hurting US farmers or anything else I mentioned.

Ok That's it for me. I don't want erode this thread any longer. Appreciate everyone's respectful banter. Signing off.

Last edited:
At least Trump isn't anti gun/2nd amendment like our illustrious Obama was. And oppologizing for our country and trying to make us into a 3rd world country and sell us out to the Russians . He's America first. Sure can't say that about the former Pres. Oh, and then there's jobs and economy.

He might not be "anti-gun" but he did express support for the so called Red Flag laws. He said something along the lines of "the courts take too long, I like the idea of taking the firearms first and then going to court."

I'm paraphrasing of course, but the fact that people keep saying that Donny is pro-2A, I believe is misguided. He's also been a Democrat longer than he's been a Republican, not that it really matters, both parties have their drawbacks.

As much as possible for me. Every bit is undoing the damage caused in 1972 when presidential disgrace dick Nixon gave it all away to the Chinese. Not a political comment... just stating the facts.
In all fairness. Nixon merely opened up China for US goods, Bush 41 and Clinton sold us out to the Chinese. /political discussion.

Like others, I try to buy USA made products first. I typically look for what's the best product I can afford. If that's USA made, then it's USA...I will spend more for American made, but only if that buys me a better product.

Last edited:
My other hobby is building fast cars. I dont give a rats butt about showing off, i just like the feel of accelleration. Im not even close to being a rich man, so i cut cormers where it doesnt affect the safety of the end product . Its either do that or not partake in something i get a lot of enjoyment out of. Case in point, my most recent build is a turbo 72 camaro that makes in the neigborhood of 1000hp. I bought a chinese turbo to accomplish my goal of making 1000hp streetable driver. The same turbo design costs 1000 more dollars from a non chinese company most likely made with overseas parts at least partly. Another american company sells a competing turbo that costs close to triple the price and has a durability track record that is terrible compared to my cheap junk, IE a supporter company. I buy American when and where i can afford to, but in some cases its buy the C brand or just sit on the sidelines and watch other people enjoy my other hobby. Its just a sad truth .im not proud of it, but its the sad truth. Maybe trade deals in the future will force a more even playing field and American companies will be able to better compete for the few dollars i spend on stuff i dont need, but want regardless , and couldnt afford otherwise.

Another point that is different then it was many yesterdays ago...If a product said made in Japan, or China, or Taiwan, or anywhere other than the USA. You knew it was junk, because it was....

CNC and other tooling machines that "Intelligent Foreign Countries" bought, and or, learned to use made a difference in the quality of a products turned out.

We could have a long debate on how this happened? Did American Corporations arrange the first meetings with Foreign countries, telling them, we'll ship you our machines, and tooling, teach you how to run them. Then you make us our products based on our specifications...Etc,...Chicken, egg? I don't know...I realize that American business always has it's eye of the prize, to make money.

Computer coded machines that only require the skill to set them up for a specific job, then a finger to push the start buttom made certain products virtually identical no matter the country made.

Is it anti-American to buy a competitive product that is being sold by an American company who took their products design and equipment overseas?

So confusing....It's almost easier to not buy from companies that are anti-2A, then it is, to not buy a product made somewhere other than the USA.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts