Looking for a new scope $1000 or under

dougduey

I'm looking into purchasing a 6.5 Creed for my daughter and want to put a decent scope on it. Trying to figure out what optic to buy before I pull the trigger on purchasing the rifle. Of course I will also use this rifle, so I want to like it, too. It will be mainly used for hunting and occasional target shooting. Looking to see what you guys would recommend. Thanks for the help

There's many great options in scopes under $1,000.00 from Meopta, Steiner, Burris, Nightforce, Bushnell, Swarovski. Need some more parameters. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss it, 516-217-1000.
Doug
Oops, thanks Doug, I do need to give some more parameters. I prefer to have 18-25 power on the high end since I like more magnification. SFP since all my scopes are that and I'm used to it. Turrets that I can dial if needed.

I have a Zeiss V4 6-24x50 on a 270 WSM that's nice for the money. I dont have alot of time with it yet but so far so good
I've got a V6 5-30 on my 6.5-284 which has great glass. I haven't looked through a V4 model to compare the two. It's on the short list

I'll tell you to do a tall target test with your V4 to check how well it tracks. My V6 is at Zeiss right now being evaluated since we found it had a 6% error. I was taking a long range class and was consistently high at longer ranges. The instructor used an moa tall target to check it and we found at 20 moa it was 1.25" high

I just put a Athlon Midas Tac 6x24 on my 7mm and I'm very impressed. I paid around $650. I compared it to a friends Vortex Viper PST Gen2 at the range and I like the turrents better on the athlon. The glass seemed the same but it was also in the middle of the day. I had it out at dusk this weekend and on high magnification it was very clear.

I just sighted in my lr10 ar15 6.5 Creedmoor with a Tract Toric 30HD moa scope....with the veteran's discount, it's right there around your price...free shipping (no tax).Now, it is heavy, don't know where weight plays into your equation, but it is seriously a wicked piece of glass....Take a look, read reviews, watch you tube....I honestly believe they equal glass at twice the price....rsbhunter

You will not beat the Leica Magnus scopes EuroOptic has on clearance at the moment for $1000. You just won't.
I agree. I picked up a 1.8 x 12 x 50 Magnus 1 scope for just over a $1000 and it is sensational. Remember Leica is made with Schott glass, the same that Schmidt & Bender and Zeiss. Chrystal clear and attachable, interchangeable metal range rings for bdc. 1st string scopes.
You will not beat the Leica Magnus scopes EuroOptic has on clearance at the moment for $1000. You just won't.

Wow, nice deal at Euro Optic on those Leica scopes. I did not see a reticle I fancy but still.

In that price range I would also look at Vortex, Athlon, and SWFA. I own two Vipers, an Argos, and an SWFA 3-15 and I like them all.

I agree, the Sightron's are great.....I have 2 SIII's , a 6-32 and a 10-50....both are fantastic, but it seems the Tract scopes glass are just more "crisp" if that makes sense. Plus the elev + windage both have locking turrets, and the zero stop is metal on metal, two pins that stop the turret with a solid feel and click. Now, I won't get rid of my S3s, but I would go with the Tract Toric HD 30 if I buy another scope..The only thing I would change is I'd like it to be lighter....but quality does have limitations.....I'd love a 407 Cheytac that weighs 5lbs complete and kicks like a 223.....ain't gonna happen...rsbhunter

I'm looking into purchasing a 6.5 Creed for my daughter and want to put a decent scope on it. Trying to figure out what optic to buy before I pull the trigger on purchasing the rifle. Of course I will also use this rifle, so I want to like it, too. It will be mainly used for hunting and occasional target shooting. Looking to see what you guys would recommend. Thanks for the help
Take a look at this site : https://shepherdscopes.com/. They have some very interesting products, and the glass is all made by Salvo, who makes glass for most of the military applications, along with being contracted to make glass for several of the major scope manufacturers. I think you'll find what you're looking for there. I currently own seven of their scopes, with their caliber specific bdc reticles. I shoot them to 600 yards regularly and they're dead on for my .35 Whelen, both 30-06's and both 300 winmags. I'd shoot farther for practice, but that's as far as my range extends. Ben Lomand Gun Club is where I shoot. They're talking about extending the range to 750 yards, and I think that would be neat. I have shot to 800 yards with the -06's using the Shepherd scope and gotten first-round hits, but its been a while. This site provides a number of variable power scopes ranging from 3.5 to 10 up to 5 to 25 power for under 1,000 dollars. They also offer some very interesting long range scopes that are under $1400.
How old is your daughter, and what will you hunt? You might think about getting her a 7mm-08 instead of the Creedmoor. Its fairly low recoil and gives the same velocities as the Creedmoor with somewhat heavier bullets which are a little more suitable for elk and such, and very good for any deer species. Just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.