best long range scope for under 1000

matt_3479

I would like to put a good long range scope on my 300. wsm for under 1000 dollars before tax. With tax would be awesome but doesn't seem like it will happen. So before tax is due able. someone said that the Vortex viper pst FFP is what im looking for? anyone care to share

I had the same question about a week ago. I have a Browning A-Bolt Stalker 300 WSM. I did a lot of research and kept coming back to the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X44 RZ-800 reticle. I had to order it, so its coming in. I'm waiting, but not patiently.

well its a big game rifle for shots 600 and closer mainly and practices out too 1000 yards.So something like 4-16, 5-20 maybe x 44, 50,56

I have two Bushnell 6500 tactical scopes with mil dot reticle in 2.5-16x44 mounted on 20 MOA rails. I really like them on a big game rifle. They give you the ability to take a close shot in thick scrub as well as long range.

One is on a .338WM and the other is on a .338RUM.

Both are great scopes and I have shot past 1000 yards with both. Elevation turret adjustment is repeatable but not as advertised. ie 1/4 MOA clicks are actually about 0.27 clicks on both scopes, so this needs to be taken into account when dialing up for long distance. Out to 600 yards it will not be too much of an issue.

Apart from this I have had no other issues with these scopes.

Trijicon, Zeiss, Leupold!!! All three manufacturers make very repeatable crystal clear class for $1000.00 or less. All with very good track records around these parts. Bill Maylor..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.