Long Range Hunting-Video (Shawn Carlock, Defensive Edge)

Great DVD Shawnlight bulb

Just finished watching this morning after working out.
Highly recommend it-Job Well Done!

Shawn:

When I ordered the video I said I was looking forward to viewing the definitive long range video. Well, it came today and I just finished it, for the second time;), and I can say that I did in fact, get to view the definitive long range video.

I've watched a ton of hunting videos and just about everything out there on long range stuff and I can say without hesitation that you have a winner.

The only bad thing is, this video is kind of like this site. It just makes you want more and I know it's going to impact my wallet. Like everybody else that has this one, I'm now waiting for the next one to come out.

Get on the stick and get the next one out. I've already waited 30 minutes and that's too long.;);)

I'm not too sure about a couple of stills at the beginning showing that grumpy guy from Montana but I can say I really liked seeing your daughter laying beside you. I remember that from when you first posted that thread.

Killing critters and rocks, it just doesn't get any better than that.;)

It's also a fantastic way of anyone that's interested in getting some insight into what they could expect to go through in your long range class. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either your class of the video to anyone. My hunting buddy already is looking forward to "borrowing" the video.:cool:

****....got home from work today hoping it was in my mailbox or at the door. Nope, have to wait another day!! Oh well, I be able to post comments after this weekend.

Jeff-

Glad you guys liked it. When I first started the project I had intended to cover the world as far as equipment available, shooting methods, etc. Man after getting started and seeing how many minutes I spent on just the equipment I use I started going into a mode of just covering what I use and how I use it. The "Greatest Hits" video should be done late this year hopefully in time for christmas. It will be a combination of field practice shots and hunts. The field practice shots we will show the complete setup and doping for, to continue a guys education.

Shawn,

Finally got to watch the video last night (work has been ridiculous) and I must say - awesome. I learned more from your DVD than all the other long range videos i have combined. You opened my eyes in a lot of ways. I honestly have never verified my drop charts that way. Normally after i get my minutes of correction I just go out, shoot at various distances i plan to shoot (at the range), note what corrections i need to make at those distances and that's it. I also never really considered the vertical affect wind can have. I can see i need to become more sophisticated in my approach to be able to shoot the distances i want. One thing i didn't see on the DVD was which pocket PC you use... is it just a Palm Pilot? I might be able to get the boss to put in on one if so :D. Which one do you recommend? Thanks again,

Kevin

Shawn:

The DVD was in the mailbox today, so I will be sitting in front of the TV tonight. Thanks!

I second the "what palm computer do you use" question.

I use a Dell AXIM. There is software for the palm versions but it is not as easy to use as the pocket PC vesrion. The PC version is much easier to setup and navigate through. There are many good PPC's out there almost any of them with run the software. Glad you guys are enjoying it and it is of benefit to you.

Shawn, I watched your video yesterday and enjoyed it. I understood pretty much all the information and there were a few new things to consider that I enjoyed learning. However, after doing some long range shooting over the last few years, and also watching your video it just confirmed that it's not for me. Well at least not right now. I love making long shots as much as anyone, but between the expense and the ton of gear a guy has to haul around I'd just rather hunt another way. I prefer carrying as little as possible, going hard, and accessing areas as far from the road as my legs will carry me. All that long range stuff is not very conducive to that. Well at least not for me it isn't. I don't have a single thing against those that enjoy using all that gear and making some of those incredible long shots. In fact I admire it, but I think I'll stick with 600 yards and under for now. :)

Glad you liked the video. The equipment burden is for me the only real down side to serious long range hunting. I pack the gear, but it does cut down the distance I am willing to hump it around. The great thing about long range hunting is you can pick just how far you want to go with the technology/equipment burden.

Shawn, I also just watched the video, it arrived in just a few days as well. Excellent explanation of long range shooting and the equipment needed. I can't wait to attended your long range schools. just got to find a good deal on air fair. great job!! the only video out there that tells it like it is. waiting on vol #2

Jeff,

Glad you liked it. "Greatest Hits" will be more of a hunting / field shooting video and should be done late in 08, maybe even in time for christmas. We'll see.

Shawn,

Ditto what everyone else has been saying regarding this video. Your prompt service and the excellent teaching has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated. I was pleasently surprised at the level of interest my son has shown in it.

One question regarding Exbal and pocket pc's. I did purchase both versions (PC & Pocket) of the software based upon your video.

My question is regarding a pocket PC. What should I be looking at in terms of pocket pc memory? I am looking for recomendations regarding which unit to purchase. Looks like all new units are running windows mobile version 6.0.

Good work on the video.
Don

Don,

The program takes almost nothing as far as memeory or horsepower, I have not come across a pocket PC, new or old that would not run it. Glad you liked the video.

Shawn, Enjoyed the video and look forward to the sequel. Keep up the good work.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.