Shawn Carlock .338 Edge Rifle

mcmurray

I recevied by new .338 Edge from Shawn about a month ago and have been putting it and the 5.5 X22 NPR1 scope through its paces while getting ready for hunting season. The gun is outstanding. I had never shot much beyond 400 yards before this summer. Now I feel disappointed if I shoot a group larger than 5 inches at 600 yards.

I need to find some sort of gun case to protect the rifle when I travel. The rifle itself is 53 inches from muzzle to butt and nothing I can find is that long. What are others using as a gun case?

I will give a detail report as hunting season gets going. I have a half doze tags to fill so it should be fun.

TIA

Mark

I use a Guardforce case for my 338 AM (56" long). I looked on the web quickly and couldn't find my case, but I'm sure it's out there. They aren't cheap or light, but they do the job.

AJ

Last edited:
There are few options I am aware of. I use the ICC (Impact Case & Container) alluminum cases for a hard case and Tac-Force drag bag for a soft case. Tac-Force makes one for a 50 that is 60" long. Glad your enjoying the rifle, hope to see a photo of it with a 200 + mulie (as I am sure you would).

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the Tac Force Drag bag after I read Shawn's post. I looks like I will need the one made for the .50 cal rifles.

A 200 point class Mule Deer! There will be some really good pictures if that happens.

Good luck hunting to you also!

Mark

I have the same gun in the big tacforce drag bag and I am more than satisfied as it is more friendly inside my car storing it. It as actually called a stryker 62 ?? Built tough !

Good choice of gun by the way !

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.