LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

Different strokes for different folks, and to each his own. Live and let live.

As Phorwath was saying, "Different Strokes for Different Folks". I like that!

Here is another stroke!!!

LoadBase 2.0 & 3.0 give us the ability to use any of the (about 40 Reticles so far) depending on the rifle scope your using. From many different brands like Burris, Bushnell, IOR, Leupold, Schmidt-bender, Swarovski, and others. Below is a picture showing some of them with 100 yards zero.

2rxcrbs.jpg

FLIP IT OPEN AND THERE IT IS!

Hey Eaglet,

LB3.0 will now allow the use of additional drag model BCs, in addition to the G1 BC? [Answer - No. LB is programmed to work with G1 drag model BCs.]

After I read that G7 drag model BCs were the better match for the VLD-style bullets I was going to play with G7 BCs on LB2.0, but then I found out that LB2.0 would only run the G1 BCs (only programmed for G1 BCs). It will be interesting to run the G7 drag model BC feature with the Berger VLDs, compare it to the G1 drag model BC, and see if there's any improvement - one over the other.

How are you getting into LB 3.0 anyhow? Is Patagonia LB 3.0 Beta model available for testing on-line? Thanks for sharing the upgrade features with us.

Last edited:
Hey Eaglet,

LB3.0 will now allow the use of additional drag model BCs, in addition to the G1 BC?

After I read that G7 drag model BCs were the better match for the VLD-style bullets I was going to play with G7 BCs on LB2.0, but then I found out that LB2.0 would only run the G1 BCs (only programmed for G1 BCs). It will be interesting to run the G7 drag model BC feature with the Berger VLDs, compare it to the G1 drag model BC, and see if there's any improvement - one over the other.

How are you getting into LB 3.0 anyhow? Is Patagonia LB 3.0 Beta model available for testing on-line? Thanks for sharing the upgrade features with us.

LB2.0 & 3.0 will work on G1 and does not give us any choice. The program does some sophisticated calculations to where we use the G1 BC that everyone are giving us, that most manufacturers are putting out, but yet by measuring the bullet retardation, the drag coefficient, we do not get to miss anything.

As Patagonia Ballistics puts it:

"if the shooter takes the necessary effort to actually measure the Drag Coefficient, the model will make an almost perfect fit, under different environmental conditions, thus yielding very precise downrange values for Velocity, Time of Flight and Drop."

Still, Lb3.0 would give us info. or allow us to obtain certain info. about those other drag functions as is the case with:

24fa0xe.jpg

3179ijs.jpg

The top two pics is for when using the chronograph. Input info. on the left
pic and get results on the right pic.

The bottom two pics are for when using two different velocities and a distance.

I had posted the wrong pics on page 10, but already got fixed.

My understanding is that LB3.0 will be released to all of us when it comes
out of its beta form. It is not available as Beta to be downloaded.

It's coming, it's coming!

Last edited:
Just read thru all 11 pages of this post. A tremendous amount of info.
Thanks, Eaglet for taking the time to share this info with us.
LB 3.0 looks to be an amazing program. Someone should look at putting on a class to teach us computer iliterate guys how to spead up the learning curve with this stuff.
I would be very interested , as I think it would save me hours of time trying to learn it myself.

Eaglet,
I thought I was the only up @ 3:00 AM that couldn't sleep.
I will say that the more time and effort I put into learning this longrange shooting craft, the more respect I have for all the experienced members on this site that take the time to share their knowledge.
At some point, I need to get out west and take a shooting class , or get with someone one on one, to help spead up the learning curve. This site with all it's imformation is extremely helpful to someone like myself who is self taught.
Again, thanks for putting the effort in to sharing your experience, it is a great help to guys like myself.

I know what you mean!

Shawn Carlock would be the man to take the class with if one has the money.

I'm also self taught and would always learn from something like that.

Thankfully, they're a bunch of great folks always willing to help.

Re: LoadBase 3.0 Mobile Upgrade is Out - with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

Hoh hoh - hee hee, I just received my e-mail notification from Patagonia Ballistics to upgrade to LoadBase 3.0!

I've always thought Gus's customer service was great and it's nice to see that he got out the upgrade to existing customers and is taking care of them/us before he even updated his website to show the 3.0 availability.

Some would have gone the other route and tried to get the money rolling in sooner and then worried about the existing customer base but not so in this case.:)

I've had Exbal for a looong time and have always kept it updated but have held off on the latest update since I got LoadBase 2.0 to see what I think of it.

Now that I have LB 3.0 Mobile and 3.0 desktop is coming, I really see no need to update Exbal anymore. :)

Agree! unless you're a knuckle head like me that when someone else says
different you want to have the all the facts before you set them straight.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.