LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

My take on that post is that you only have to use 4 temps total from one or both pages to get the data you'll need.

I got mine up dated last night and it does look good. This program is costing me allot of money, everytime I find out something new I run to the range and shoot all my loads I was going to save for hunting with.
In light of this new function what would be the best way to go about getting temps and velocities without waiting till the weather was right.
I can't wait to upload my range data from my PPC to the desk top version and print a graph or charts.

In light of this new function what would be the best way to go about getting temps and velocities without waiting till the weather was right.

I don't know that you really have a choice. Fall is coming so you should be able to get a good temp swing of 40 degrees or so in one day. Don't know the climate where you are but if you took the time to get the rest of the data right then don't fudge this part.

I forgot to add one thing. The latest version of LB3 mobile will allow you to use the same files on you PC with the soon to be release LB# desk top version. NO MORE DOUBLE DATA ENTRY!

That's going to be sweet!!!

Well I have been thinking about getting good temp vs. MV data and I was thinking I have a 12 volt refrigerator/warmer and I could load it up with a number of rounds and let them get to base temp. Then pull them out and let them warm/cool in the sun to a certain temp then fire a couple at a time as they reach the specific temp desired.
It sounds a little anal and most likely won't make a difference at the level I'm shooting at but the function is there so why not give it the best data I can get.
It would seems to be good to let your ammo come to your ambient hunting temp if using this function also, not pulling them out of your warm truck then using them, in allot of my hunting that would be a 60+ degree swing between firing temp and ammo temp.
I'm still gathering and welding 3/4 in plate to make a setup so I can get BC data from three cronies at varying ranges in one shot. I'm really liking the idea of inputting actual data and getting a dead on accurate firing solution without tweeking something to make it work, takes some effort to get the data but man when you have it you will be packing a powerful LRH tool. I also find it facinating and mind engaging to play with, kinda big boys toys :D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.