Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

ZSteinle

Asked leupold about an MOA reticle and this is the original and return email that I received

Steinle,

The MOA reticle has been under development and it's release is imminent (approximately 45 days). It will be available as a retrofittable item at first.
Best Regards,
---- Original Message ----

Can I get a Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50 with an MOA reticle? Ive been waiting awhile for leupold to come out with an MOA reticle but I guess I havn't checked to see if I can get it through the custom shop. I know john burns has an MOA reticle so I know that it is possible, but I would like MOA on windage and elevation.

I talked with their customer support yesterday as I just sent an MkIV tactical back for some repair work last week and heard this rumor and thought i might be ale to get a reticle switch while the scope is there, anyway they confirmed they are making a MOA reticle but it's only going to be available in the 4.5-14 as it will only work at 14x max at this time, mine is a 6.5-20 and they would not retrofit the new reticle.

No picture but I understand it to be similar to the TMR, only in MOA.....I gave them my recommendation to get one for the 20x and they probably will just as soon as I get my scope back!

I called Leupold yesterday and didn't get to much satisfaction out of the tech. i talked to.Check out Darrell Holland. I had a S&B retro fitted with his ART Reticle really like it. He also does Leupold & Nightforce.

I talked with their customer support yesterday as I just sent an MkIV tactical back for some repair work last week and heard this rumor and thought i might be ale to get a reticle switch while the scope is there, anyway they confirmed they are making a MOA reticle but it's only going to be available in the 4.5-14 as it will only work at 14x max at this time, mine is a 6.5-20 and they would not retrofit the new reticle.

No picture but I understand it to be similar to the TMR, only in MOA.....I gave them my recommendation to get one for the 20x and they probably will just as soon as I get my scope back!

Thanks for the update. Did they mention if this was going to be available in anything but the MkIV line?

I CALLED 2 WEEKS AGO, WAS TOLD MAYBE 60-90 MORE DAYS, BACKLOG,,,,,,i have 3 4.5 x 14 waiting to send for m1 turret and the new reticle,,,,

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.