Leupold MOA reticle...FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by ZSteinle, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Asked leupold about an MOA reticle and this is the original and return email that I received

Steinle,

The MOA reticle has been under development and it's release is imminent (approximately 45 days). It will be available as a retrofittable item at first.
    Best Regards,
    ---- Original Message ----

Can I get a Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50 with an MOA reticle? Ive been waiting awhile for leupold to come out with an MOA reticle but I guess I havn't checked to see if I can get it through the custom shop. I know john burns has an MOA reticle so I know that it is possible, but I would like MOA on windage and elevation.

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

That is good news. Do you have any further details? 1moa or 2moa graduations?

3. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Anyone have an example or picture of the reticle?

4. cwinner

cwinner Well-Known Member

I talked with their customer support yesterday as I just sent an MkIV tactical back for some repair work last week and heard this rumor and thought i might be ale to get a reticle switch while the scope is there, anyway they confirmed they are making a MOA reticle but it's only going to be available in the 4.5-14 as it will only work at 14x max at this time, mine is a 6.5-20 and they would not retrofit the new reticle.

No picture but I understand it to be similar to the TMR, only in MOA.....I gave them my recommendation to get one for the 20x and they probably will just as soon as I get my scope back!

5. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

That's really a bummer! Most of my scopes are 6.5-20x as well.

6. Gary Kaney

Gary Kaney Well-Known Member

I called Leupold yesterday and didn't get to much satisfaction out of the tech. i talked to.Check out Darrell Holland. I had a S&B retro fitted with his ART Reticle really like it. He also does Leupold & Nightforce.

7. JPayne6128

JPayne6128 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Did they mention if this was going to be available in anything but the MkIV line?

8. cwinner

cwinner Well-Known Member

I was lead to believe it would be available in anything up to a max power if 14x at this time.

9. CB11WYO

CB11WYO Well-Known Member

This is great. I have leupold on most all of my guns, can't wait to try the new reticle out!

10. JPayne6128

What is the latest news on this?

11. JPayne6128

Anyone? I have a couple of scopes that would work even better with an MOA reticle.

12. 300stw

300stw Well-Known Member

I CALLED 2 WEEKS AGO, WAS TOLD MAYBE 60-90 MORE DAYS, BACKLOG,,,,,,i have 3 4.5 x 14 waiting to send for m1 turret and the new reticle,,,,

13. JPayne6128

I assume no new news on this?

Thanks,
    Jason

14. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

They show a TMOA reticle on the VX6 4-24 model. It looks good to me .