Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

texan79

I mentioned something to the effect of "When is Leupold going to give us an MOA reticle" in another thread, and got a few responses expressing some intrest.

So i called today and asked about it. I was told that it was discussed, and may happen in the future, but the cost of "set up" was pretty substatntial, so they dont have one right now, and aren't agressively pursuing the idea.

It is my beleif that they are behind the power curve and ignoring the LRH community, and I would personally like to have a choice in reticle other than the TMR and mildot popularized by the tactical community.

It is my intention to write the company and request this addition to their line up, and would like to send a link to this thread showing the intrest that our sport would have in such a reticle. Post ideas, reticle schematics, whatever... Lets help design the thing.

Most importantly, give me some ammuniton in the form of intrest here. Maybe they'll call it the LRH reticle?

Who's with me?

gun)

I prefer a MOA reticle along with a MOA turret adjustment like the Vortex Viper PST will have if it ever gets to market. If Leupold was to offer something similar like the EBR-1reticle with a matching turret in a medium priced scope that weighed around 24 oz's I would buy in a heartbeat.

Leupold....MOA reticle....I'm in!

If they offered a 1moa reticle, similar to the NF NPR1 I would send both my MK4s to the custom shop to have them updated and I would probably buy another one for my next build.

I have one on a USO and I really like it. Don't know why they say set up costs are
so high with all the reticles they put out now.

All I can say is I just sent 1 VX-III to the custom shop for turrets and reticle. If this reticle had been an option it would be a no brainer. Hands down MOA reticle would be first choice.
Im not one for petitions, but this one is not malicious in any way and we all love Leupold, so Im in, if this is what it takes to get the ball rolling for making interest in an MOA reticle known. Goodness knows Im not done buying scopes, especially if Leupold offers something like this!

I would absolutely love a FX-3 6x42 adj obj scope with some kind of moa reticle that isn't a 1/2 moa dot. That just wont work for what I want to do. I realize a fixed 6 power scope isn't what most would choose but it does away with needing a first focal plane reticle or only being accurate at one power setting. It wouldn't be dedicated to LR either and 6 power works well for where I am and what I would hunt at all the ranges that I would feel comfortable shooting at game.

I'm all for your petition, however, Leupold has been and will continue to monitor world wide demand. This thread would have to have 5000 + signatures to raise an eyebrow, and 20,000 to begin serious talks.

I've talked to the tactical line manager, Ray Brock, about this more than once, essentially receiving not even a flicker of interest. Repeatedly returning the conversation to matching MOA reticle and knobs just did not seem to find a foothold at all in more than one conversation. Mentioning NF and the market share they have, in some small part, due to offering matching MOA reticles and knobs and that folks are going with NF and not with Leup because of this just didn't seem to make too much difference. I can't figure it out...leaves me baffled. An M4 with MOA reticle and matching MOA turrets would seem to make alot of sense, right? Like NF? I'd much rather have a lighter scope than the NF. Too bad. Leup is missing out on on a chunk of the market.

frankly, I think Leupold is decent glass and their customer service is 2nd to none, but I've seen better scopes for less money. And, if I'm going to spend over a certain amount, then I'm going with Zeiss or NF. My Conquests are superior to my Leupolds in the same magnification. I'd buy a Nikon over another Leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.