Lasik eye surgery

They talked a little bit about the mono vision but they said that they won't do it on anyone who isn't at least in their 40's. I think that since they are reasonably sure they can get me out of glasses for a few years doing both for far vision was the best route. I've heard PRK was painful. I wasn't even sure they still did it. That would make for a long couple of weeks for your friend.

oops! I need to clarify....

I had lens in both eyes replaced. Had all the typical problems but cataracts were the major problem. At night it when one car was approaching it look something like a fleet of UFOs were coming at me.

They talked a little bit about the mono vision but they said that they won't do it on anyone who isn't at least in their 40's. I think that since they are reasonably sure they can get me out of glasses for a few years doing both for far vision was the best route. I've heard PRK was painful. I wasn't even sure they still did it. That would make for a long couple of weeks for your friend.

Yes, that's the exact reason they told my nephew about 10 years ago at age 30.

It's driving him nuts to say the least but he's tired of wearing contacts for many years.

oops! I need to clarify....

I had lens in both eyes replaced. Had all the typical problems but cataracts were the major problem. At night it when one car was approaching it look something like a fleet of UFOs were coming at me.

I haven't had that problem yet haha :). I guess everyone's situation is so different it's hard to really figure out how your eye's will be when it's all said and done.

Yes, that's the exact reason they told my nephew about 10 years ago at age 30.

It's driving him nuts to say the least but he's tired of wearing contacts for many years.

I wore contacts for quite a while but my vision was relatively poor with them. My prescription was too much for any good contact options. I haven't worn them in nearly five years.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.