Had shoulder surgery ...

Hope they heal well guys.
I was SHOCKED at how long it took to recover from a good wreck on a bareback horse some years back. I drew a horse that won buckin horse if the year 3 years running. He had a bounty on him too, so all I had to do was cover & I was in the money!!
Ya..... Well things didn't quite go as planned. When I woke up they had to haul me out of the arena, but I refused to ride in the meat wagon. I woke up again in the hospital & cussed some poor nurse for trying to use scizors to cut my $200 boots off!!

Long story short, I SHOULD HAVE Listened to the doctor. I Should Have had surgery, I Should Have done p.t. but I didn't.
6 months later I could swing a hammer all day again, but it hurt like heck!
Now-a-days my back/neck is still crooked from where I lit. On my neck, shoulder, & right ear, with enough authority to turn my collar bone backwards, tear cv joints, & make popping my shoulder out of socket on command routine, & create a nasty lil stinger in my back/neck that comes & goes as it wishes.
I can pack a rifle, & meat, & heavy loads for short distances, but I can't wear a pack for more than 3 days without wanting to cry:rolleyes:

So LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR! Being "tough" makes you old before your time.

By the way, I'd look into getting a zipper tattooed on that sucker:D it looks awesome!

In retrospect, we were all 'young, dumb and full of cu*' at one time. Hopefully, not now, at least the first 2.......

I still remember fireroading my Penton 250 ISDT Enduro in the National Forest, jumping a firebreak and not anticipating the distance correctly and hitting the opposite bank at about 30. I remember looking at my right hand and the thumb completely pulled from the socket and I still remember soaking the sucker in a mountain spring until it was numb and putting it back in place... and riding off, not as fast, but riding off.

I remember because I have a nice case of arthritis now and it hurts like hell about 50 percent of the time. After 35 years, I've come to ignore it.

Must be why I like light triggers too.

Been real lucky with joint issues and shoulder issues...knocking on wood.....

definitely a geriatric thread...:D

My should needs some work but I'll let the mortician worry about that.

Healing is slow. Slower as age increases.

Listen to the doctor but in my case the Dr. know nothing about recoil....:rolleyes:

Had kidney surgery on march 29 of this year. Last week end (9 June) I went to Broz's shoot.

Fired about 12 rounds from the 270 AM and maybe 10 rounds from the 375 AM.

Wouldn't cha know, it shook my kidney loose. . . again.:rolleyes: For the 3rd time.:rolleyes:

When that happens ya get kinda of down in the mouth for a day or so. Then its time to do it again:D

Listen to the doctor but in my case the Dr. know nothing about recoil....:rolleyes:

Had kidney surgery on march 29 of this year. Last week end (9 June) I went to Broz's shoot.

Wouldn't cha know, it shook my kidney loose. . . again.:rolleyes: For the 3rd time.:rolleyes:

When that happens ya get kinda of down in the mouth for a day or so. Then its time to do it again:D
You shook your kidney loose!! wow those AM must have some recoil!!!!

W:DW Roy! Way to bring Jeff and Kirby into the mix ... :rolleyes::D:cool:gun)

Hope everything is OK now! :)

From Roy.......

My comment is certainly. Owning this stuff comes with age and financial independence, the 'young bucks' ain't got the bucks (for the most part)........:D

I'd be careful with that loose kidney.......

You might be whizzing in a bag if you aren't careful........:rolleyes:

The recoil on those AMs is pretty minimal. On the order of an 11# 270 Win w/140 gr bullets. . .

The problem occurs only when shooting prone. It's the right kidney and I'm right handed.

I can live with the inconvenience given the alternative which would have been terminal sooner or later w/o surgery....:rolleyes:

The recoil on those AMs is pretty minimal. On the order of an 11# 270 Win w/140 gr bullets. . .

The problem occurs only when shooting prone. It's the right kidney and I'm right handed.

I can live with the inconvenience given the alternative which would have been terminal sooner or later w/o surgery....:rolleyes:

You're a wild and crazy guy! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dadgummit Roy...use the SUPER GLUE!:):Dgun)

Dadgummit Roy...use the SUPER GLUE!:):Dgun)

I told the surgeon about super glue. He simply gave me a dumb look.....:rolleyes:

Check this. The first hole, rather small is for the camera. The second hole, much larger, is for the guy's index finger. He sticks that sucker in there and completely dislodges the kidney's connection tissue.

I wish to heck he would have pillar/skim bedded it instead of whatever he did or didn't do.:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.