Kestrel 5700 Applied Ballistics

Disappointed about the cable only option on the Elite, to say the least.

NK sold me their BT dongle under the guise that my other dongles would not work and that there was a working profile loader to use it with. Only after spending 3 hrs trying to get it to hook up was I told by NK that it would not work with the current profile loader. I was then told a PC profile-loader that would work with it, was forthcoming.

It is coming. This new profile loader is more of a Beta. First thing that had to happen was to make it so that both K5 and K45 could use the same loader. Their are other things going on as well. For instance Kestrel LiNK on Android is now available. Kestrel LiNK Ballistics iOS was just sent to Apple for review, and once its approved goes live to the public. One step at a time things are coming together. It will work, but we are moving carefully to try to ensure the number of bugs are limited.

It is coming. This new profile loader is more of a Beta. First thing that had to happen was to make it so that both K5 and K45 could use the same loader. Their are other things going on as well. For instance Kestrel LiNK on Android is now available. Kestrel LiNK Ballistics iOS was just sent to Apple for review, and once its approved goes live to the public. One step at a time things are coming together. It will work, but we are moving carefully to try to ensure the number of bugs are limited.

Awesome! The iOS app is fine as long as it loads the custom curves.

The iOS App was approved last night. So Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for iOS is now available. You can find links to it on our Resource Site www.abmediaresources.com

The Android version got another update, so you should be on version 1.67 now. Some major bug fixes, including crashing were fixed.

Some new user guides were added for setup and use of the K5700 Elite/Sportsman.

Enjoy!

The iOS App was approved last night. So Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for iOS is now available. You can find links to it on our Resource Site www.abmediaresources.com

The Android version got another update, so you should be on version 1.67 now. Some major bug fixes, including crashing were fixed.

Some new user guides were added for setup and use of the K5700 Elite/Sportsman.

Enjoy!

Downloaded! Great work!

just waiting patiently for the combo to become available. Hope they have the bugs worked out when it does.

I came so close to pulling the trigger before I heard what was coming. For once I am glad that my engineering background makes me over analyze every decision. Takes me a long time to make up my mind.

Just picked up the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Link. The software is 1.05 on this unit.

I have an Android phone and want to install app on droid.

Is everything operational on this unit now? Or are we still waiting for releases to be fully operational?

Also, is there any advantage to having a Dongle with this unit?

Ray

Just picked up the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Link. The software is 1.05 on this unit.

I have an Android phone and want to install app on droid.

Is everything operational on this unit now? Or are we still waiting for releases to be fully operational?

Also, is there any advantage to having a Dongle with this unit?

Ray

I have one on the way. Should be here Monday. please update this thread with whatever you find out. I have a note 5 I will be using. Plan to buy the bushnell rangefinder. Can't seem to find any other one that will link up. I bought the dongle too! What a name for a usb thing. want to be able to load bullet profiles on my PC. Will be interesting setting this thing up. hope I don't get frustrated with it.

Doc, replied to a private email.

He says version 1.05 is good to go. Dongle? is only needed if you want to connect to PC. I do not plan on using PC so that makes me very happy. I would like to limit my household to only one Dongle!

Ray

Correct, you probably received the automatic update notification. But 1.05 is good, I have been running it for over a week.

Correct, you probably received the automatic update notification. But 1.05 is good, I have been running it for over a week.

yep

got mine Monday.

it seems the dongle was a waste. Can't manage gun profiles with the dongle. You have to use a usb cable.

Put in my gun profiles on my phone. Thought I could enter them in my phone and transfer them but for some reason the kestrel wouldn't capture the new profiles so I had to put them in the kestrel too.

Did the compass thing, set it up on the tripod, connected to my phone and punched in yardages and it gave me corrections. Haven't had a chance to go to the range and test it out yet though.

Overall I really like it. Like most technology for me though there is a very frustrating learning curve.

Have not had a chance to get mine setup. Hopefully there is a users manual that will walk me step by step to get the most use out of this unit.

Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts