Kestrel 5700 Applied Ballistics

Cackas2

For those of you that run one of these do you have any issues or regrets? I am looking at the link model for ease of entering information from my phone. For the average shooter would a lesser model do the job all in one unit without breaking the bank?

I have no regrets and it works fine in most cases.
I'm probably not the average shooter.

That said, I would highly expand on what the average shooter means to you, because most of the internet are filled with average to less than average shooters who spend too much time on the internet.

I recently bought the Kestrel 5700 Ballistic within the past couple months. This model uses the same Applied Ballistics software that the 'Elite' unit uses, but lacks some of the features that PRS type competition & ELR type shooters use. I have been very happy / impressed with this unit. I also bought the 'weather vane' kit that allows you to mount the Kestrel on a tripod and bluetooth it to your phone. Also, if you decide you want all of the features that the 'Elite' unit has, you can upgrade it at a later date by purchasing the software from Kestrel. Panhandle Precision (Sam Millard) has some good youtube videos on the Kestrel units. Get one and you will not regret it.

I have had one(Elite/BT) for a few years. Does exactly what it's supposed to do, reliable, and it's quite easy to use…I use it primarily for PRS. Doesn't see much use for my LR hunting though. The ballistic RF's are far more efficient, producing identical results for not that much more $$$.
IMO.

My kids bought me the kestrel 5700 elite 2 Christmas's ago, I don't leave home without it now, don't always use it but it's there if I need it. For me, who is not real tech savvy, there was a learning curve. When they presented it to me, I knew how much they cost, I told them I didn't need anything that fancy but my son made the selling point, he said I would out grow the lesser models quickly. My son is a smart fellow

For those of you that run one of these do you have any issues or regrets? I am looking at the link model for ease of entering information from my phone. For the average shooter would a lesser model do the job all in one unit without breaking the bank?
love mine for long range target shooting and is the best way for long range hunting Bluetooth to my range finder for years now but will soon move to a one unit set up gunwurks range finder

They are worth every penny. Look around and you can get a better price. Kestrel also gives a discount for military. Once you start to use it, you will find they are very easy and give you what you need fast. Also, they work anywhere!! No need for cell signal, wifi, bluetooth, etc. I do recommend that you always do a compass calibration any time you change areas where you are shooting.

Sign up for a kestrel live video class on how to setup and use. They are easy to follow, informative and you don't have to own one to learn. At the end of the class they give you a 10% off code for any purchase on their web site.

Only get one if… you want first shot hits right on elevation at any range,at any angle, in any weather, or in changing shooting locations say from sea level to 8000 feet. If those things don't matter to you or you don't shoot often enough at different targets then it may not be worth the money For you.

I don't leave home without my elite linked to my sig 5k rangefinder whether going to the range or hunting. I'd love to have one set of binoculars that are a rangefinder and applied ballistics, but still saving for that upgrade.