Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

I actually prefer no credit cards both incoming and outgoing. As a merchant, I incur a portal fee of 3.5% everytime a customer orders with a credit card whereas a personal check has no portal fee and neither does cash.

I don't belie e I've ever done business with any retail establishment that don't take plastic, but again, I prefer personal check over CC on out of town purchases.
I've got one GS in the next county west that doesn't accept CC's at all. They are a rather small joint and don't have the selection of Cabela's, etc. but they still have stuff. They are rather out of the way for me so I haven't done much business with them, but the no CC's thing has kept the hoarders out.

The3newest Hodgon Powder looks interesting and I see it's load charted for 223 (5.56 Nato) and 308. Copper fouling on a diet....lol

May have to try some.

More bottles are starting to show up here in SW Wyoming. What specific powders are you looking for? Maybe I can help you out. I just bought 4lbs of Retumbo and H-1000 a week ago. Our places aren't letting all the rich guys take all they have off the shelves. They are limiting 2 per customer per day so we all can pick some up. We are even getting some .22 LR in occasionally as well but of course they are out of this world on cost. If I can help you out let me know.

JD

More bottles are starting to show up here in SW Wyoming. What specific powders are you looking for? Maybe I can help you out. I just bought 4lbs of Retumbo and H-1000 a week ago. Our places aren't letting all the rich guys take all they have off the shelves. They are limiting 2 per customer per day so we all can pick some up. We are even getting some .22 LR in occasionally as well but of course they are out of this world on cost. If I can help you out let me know.

JD

I am looking for 8lb jug of H-1000 but will settle for as many one pounders of the same lot number I can get.

^^^^^^ 2 8# jugs (m1000) 10 cases of 1# jugs....call. out of Indiana. 317 755 9236

just got some ordered

I found some powder. I went to the town next to me this morning for a Doc visit and stopped at a big sporting goods store there. They had some powders. They even had some VARGET. Trouble was these people have lost their minds. They wanted $33.00 a pound and that would make it $36 and change after tax. They can keep it.

I am new to reloading and have been trying to find some of the magical Varget to try...

I have had no luck after looking hard for a couple months.

I went into Walmart right after work on tuesday and was blown away that they actually had a bunch of powder on the shelf.... But no Varget. I grabbed some 4350 and was shooting the breeze with the clerk. He said " Yeah, we got in 12 pounds of Varget at 2:00 this afternoon and the same guy that always comes in, came in at 2:15 and bought all twelve pounds and he brought two friends and bought us out of 9mm ammo too... It's like he knows when we are getting a shipment, everytime, without fail he is here 15-20 minutes after our shipment comes in. I wish I could just tell him no so some other customers would have a chance..."

I could have murdered someone... They had TWELVE POUNDS AT 2:00 O'CLOCK, and when I got there at 4:45, it was all gone. If that guy woulda been there I probably woulda stomped him out in a fit of rage. I was so ****ed... I have looked on gunbroker and other places that you can get it and it is double the price, and I am sure that's what this fuckhead is doing... flipping it online... Unbelievable...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.