Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

I found a little family owned store in Buhl Idaho called THE AVID SPORTSMAN. They have a little shop on the side of a gas station that handles sporting goods. They have had a good assortment on hand due to a non hoarding clients. Most that go in there are locals from a farming and religion based community. Not many hoarders there! Look them up on google and give them a call...

You would think retailers like cabelas etc.. would put a stop to the hoarding do others can get what they need. Some stores have 2 box or 2pounds limit per person per day. If a store is just letting one or 2 people clean shelves makes me wonder how long they will be in bussiness. I need brass bullets everything and most places sold out. Don't plan on shooting .06 maybe rebuilding it. But ammo is available may have to rethink things a bit

The store is in business to make $$$. If one man buys every bit of powder they have...they havent made any more or less that if 50 guys bought it all.

I can't speak for every town and/or State, but the writing was on the walls more then six months ago!

Lucky for me my LGS and some on-line purchases have kept me from ranting like the O.P. but I made a real effort to visit my LGS almost everyday when I felt shipments might have come in and bought either bullets I use or powder when it came available.

Even though we have a Cabela's at the State Line, I haven't seen any large supplies of powder since before Christmas there. And unless you shoot an odd caliber or a .223, a 30-06 Springfield or a 338 Lapua, brass is not available there either except for a few pistol brass cases. I told one of the floor staff I had more powder on hand then they did, He said "I do too"!

My LGS, had a large shipment of Alliant powder come in a few months ago, Reloader 22, 25, 33, and 50, but if you waited too long to walk in you'd never know it was ever there even with a limit of 2 like items! Sometimes it pays to stock up, and preparing for instances like this.

Last edited:
What causes alot of these shortages too are the guys that don't even reload buying up everything they can find with the idea of resale. I have seen it alot and that sucks the most because they don't even plan on using the powder.Things will catch up alot of guys have over spent buying AR-15's ammo , reloading components and stuff will start to stay on the shelves before too long.

The real problem is not a sortage there is all the powder we nead. But the law say that a truck can only hall 100 pounds at a time. That is what Ramshot powder told me. DOT law.

Gents.
Try spare a thought for us Shooters who are really at the end of the Supply Chain. US Powder, Ammo and Bullets are in very short supply in England and no supplies envisaged untill 2014 at the earliest.
We still have Vit but they will resupply their biggest market ( U.S.) first. Ramshot is still available as it comes in direct from Belgium where it is made.
I am fortunate in as much as i only Handload to Hunt but the Lads who are Target Shooters are struggling. Varget in particular is like Gold Dust.

Brit.

Ok..... I scored again at my LGS's Grand Opening. They moved into one large location and had their vendors there to help out. I was able to pick up five 1 lbs. containers of Reloader 15, which I haven't seen locally for over nine months, I only had a 1/4 lbs. on hand from years ago that I use in my 7mm/08 with 140 grain bullets, but I still haven't found any brass for it. They also had .338 300 gr. MK's which I bought as well.

I think some of it is timing..... being in the right place at the right time. That and persistence can and does pay off!

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure 95% of the people who handload are pretty frustrated, as well.....Unless the gov't is conspiring against just you....

:D

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure 95% of the people who handload are pretty frustrated, as well.....Unless the gov't is conspiring against just you....

:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

all smiles here:).... I knew if the election went the way of the idiot the reloading market would upend and made sure I had most everything I'd need for a good while. The only thing I'm frustrated about is I bought a couple of rifles last year and changed loads on another and didn't have a lot squirreled away yet. It's all good though as I've got plenty for the other pipes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.