Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

Tall

I am frustrated, upset and ****ed off. There is nothing I can do about it.

Is any body as frustrated, upset or ****ed off that it is next to impossible to buy any supplies for reloading. This is beyond ridiculous and if there ever was a government conspiracy this smells (rotten) like one.

All i ask for is enough powder to load for the hunting season. I want to be able to go shoot some long ranges and practice so when i have that chance in the hunting season i can make the perfect shot. I am getting ****ed off by the day every time i check with any store for the powder I need to load with. Shelf after shelf is empty and bare. I feel like they should put a picture of the Democrat party with a message "you can thank us" . UUUHHHgggggg.

I have spoken with a number of gun shops and sporting goods stores and they make it sound like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I want to start ranting and using language in appropriate to this forum. For God sakes stupid gun control idiots, leave us alone.

I have never been a panic fanatic and start buying up **** and hording it. Now I wish i had been. They tell me stories about *** holes that go into Cabellas and sweep every gun powder off the shelf into baskets and buy up everything. I hope the jerk offs doing that has bad things happen to them.

If i had one wish I would wish that every oboma voter lost everything and moved to North Korea. OK im done, that's all folks.

You would think retailers like cabelas etc.. would put a stop to the hoarding do others can get what they need. Some stores have 2 box or 2pounds limit per person per day. If a store is just letting one or 2 people clean shelves makes me wonder how long they will be in bussiness. I need brass bullets everything and most places sold out. Don't plan on shooting .06 maybe rebuilding it. But ammo is available may have to rethink things a bit

One thing I have heard is that these stores have employees that call their friends to let them know when a shipment of powder, primers and bullets comes in. Then they are there before the store opens and raid the shipment.

Jason

Powder is one of the only components I don't have any trouble getting. MY LGS has plenty of it on hand and only has a few powders that haven't returned to the shelves. I just grabbed a bottle of Varget which had been OOS for awhile. Most IMR, Hodgdon and RE powers are in stock.

You may be ****ed but there is nothing wrong with guys having a few 8lb kegs laying around. It's not Hoarding it's people stocking up for when this stuff happens. It's only happened a half dozen times, think people would learn. You keep a steady stock if what you use and you don't get caught with your pants down with these things.

You may be ****ed but there is nothing wrong with guys having a few 8lb kegs laying around. It's not Hoarding it's people stocking up for when this stuff happens. It's only happened a half dozen times, think people would learn. You keep a steady stock if what you use and you don't get caught with your pants down with these things.
+1

I never keep thousands of rounds worth of stuff around for each rifle, but I do keep a few hundred rounds worth on hand for each rifle I own. At present I have 5,000 rounds of centerfire ammo loaded and enough to re-stuff most of it. I need a few # of rl25 and a few other things but I'll wait until the idiots have maxed out their credit cards and buy a sale when they start happening. I don't care if I have to wait a year or two either.

I feel for the O.P. as I've been there before ( not having a **** thing to feed the rifle); more from being broke than the store shelves being empty though.

+2

It's happend before and it'll happen again. Life isn't fair and it's a first come, first serve basis. Powder is out there. It's all what you are willing to pay and do for it. I'm not sure about the rest of the Cabelas, but the one in Hoffman Estates Illinois almost always has a variety of 1 pound powders on the shelves.

I believe what we are seeing now is the after effects, locally I've noticed that things are becoming more available. Just have to let supply catch up to the vacuum.

One thing I started doing after the previous panic was to just randomly buy components I use whether I needed them or not, put em away and forget about them. Then the next panic comes along take stock and breath a sigh of relief because you have more than you realize.:)

I was even selling some 22lr to friends.

My local gun dealer says his distributor told him it may take two years before demand for supplies of components will level off.

If you really need powder then check 2-3 times a week with a couple of the large mail order places. Third gen shooters supply has had a number of good sized powder shipments in the last several months. Some have been announced here so you can hear about it. Midway is the same way. No backorders, but they will notify when it comes in. Get a list of 3 and check several times a week. You'll get some in the month or so. Best of luck. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.