In trouble today

grit

This morning I ordered my first NXS. This is the most expensive rifle scope for me so far. I walked in the door this evening. First words out of my wifes mouth are, "What did you buy today?" Good hell! Turns out she was balancing the checkbook and bloop up it pops. I can't get away with a thing!

"YOU payed $1600 for a what?" Next thing she did was make me dinner. Do I dare eat it? I am a lucky man. I have a great wife! I got to see "the look" tonight. Fortunately, I am recovering rapidly. I may even order rings and a base tomorrow!

You ordered a $1600 scope, and didn't clear it with her first? :eek:

That's either the bravest or the most foolish thing I've ever heard of.

I'd rather face a charging lion with a Red Ryder BB gun than try something like that with "She Who Must Be Obeyed." :D

Grit, I did the same thing a week ago but with a rifle. She said "When were you going to tell me" I indicated to her that I had no such intentions, after all I bought it for you:D:D and now we have to work on that scope:D:

I may even order rings and a base tomorrow!

I bet you can't do it without looking over your shoulder.:D

ROFL.

Must be just a husband thing. We all do it. Last yr I bought 4 guns in 5 weeks, then like a dummy I put the receipts in with the regular cc receipts when I cleaned out my wallet. I had to take her to Cancun for a week to get out of the doghouse. I just gotta do better...

What my wife doesn't understand is that if she didn't "loan" (read give) money to her sister she could purchase nice things too. Oh and the new couch, new car and week in Maui doesn't count:confused:

Maybe I will order that scope.:D

Your right it sux. I had to buy my wife a Shelby GTH Mustang convertible because of my gun addiction. If she knew what I actually paid versus what she thinks I paid for my guns I would have had to buy two.

Doesn't keeping score on who buys what suck? :mad:

That is why for 24 years of marriage ---------------- separate accounts!!!! What she doesn't know will not hurt me!!

I had my friend order and recieve my NF. For every expensive toy I buy I'm expected to take her away for an expensive weekend. That NF would've cost me 2K if she caight on.

I just bribe my wife with 5.5 carat total diamond ring. It cost me a bundle but it will kept her mouth shut for next ten years.

This is getting good!!! 5 years ago I had a Glock 34 practical tactical in 9mm, when looking at the Glock 35 practical tactical the only difference is them little letters saying 34 or 35.... so I bought the 35 and when cleaning one or the other she never knew the difference. Seven years ago I bought a 36 thousand dollars truck and without telling her I parked it in front of the house and said: How do you like my new truck? She looked through the window and said: I can't believe you got in a debt that huge, I'm going to kick that truck! I said: Honey... it's not the truck's fault; if you want to kick anything you kick me!!! God's always been good to me. Neither the truck nor I got kicked. :D :D :D
WARNING: Don't do this at home. :rolleyes:

Eaglet I know how your wife feels. Back when the wife and I had joint accounts I came home one day to find a new dodge truck sitting in the drive. I was immedietly asked whether I liked the truck. I responded yes just figuring the wife had traded her almost new truck in for one she liked better. I was then told that it was good that I liked it since she had just bought it for her mother:mad: I have paid the maintenence and insurance on it since. But thats okay the experiance came in handy when my dads health declined and I bought him a new handicapped van with a lift and a scooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.