Trouble Trigger

Maico

I've been working on a rem 700 LH LA. I rebarreled the action after trueing and started working on the trigger. After stoning the trigger and sear,4-5 lbs. I tried a different firing pin assem and the same. I tried a different trigger group that breaks at 1 1\2 lbs and it still broke at 4-5. Borrowed a LH bolt from a friend and it broke at 2 1\2 lbs. I have looked the bolt over from end to end and can't find the problem. I can cock the bolt and push down on the shroud and turn it loose and the trigger breaks at 1 1\2 lbs. What's going on here. Seems to point to the bolt. Thks

Well, don't feel lonely, 4.5 pounds is exactly where I got mine to. After hours of monkeying around with mine I gave it up and took it to "Doc Ed" yesterday.

Well what's bad, is I usally get most triggers to 1 1\2 to 2lbs with no problem. Never have I ran into one like this. Customer said it had always been hard to pull which is not a big concern seeing how most of them are 6-8lbs from the factory.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.