trouble with Leupold

Was it always like this or just started to be like this. Overtightening the ring caps can cause this. Some ring designs more then others.

Again, let us know if this just started or has always been that way. A little history on the scope will allow a better recommendation.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

50--it's always been that way, I always used it on 18x, so I didn't care. I'm thinking about selling it, but I don't who would buy it in that condition. I emailed leupold, we'll see what they have to say. I'm using vertical split rings from Cabelas(warne?), maybe that's the problem.

Leup has the best warranty service I have ever seen so I have no doubt they will fix the problem. I have seen a couple of the Vari X's have this problem

good luck
steve

agreed with Lerch. Send it back on warranty! Recently my Luepold Vx3 had a problem with the Elevation knob having a little play in it before you could actually click it, so I sent it back 5 days later it was back at my house with the elevation knob replaced for free from warranty... If you still have your box and paperwork i'd look into it!

Yep, send her back, they will fix it or replace it no questions asked. Certainly would not pass the problem onto another shooter when you can get it fixed and use the scope for very little if anything but some time.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.