I was ready

waterrat

The snow is loud and crunchy and hunting our winter moose was becoming a project. To give myself all the breaks the 300Ackley was brought out and shot at 300,400,and500yds,I was ready for anything! The next morning while gassing my sled a bull walked past the fuel tanks and stopped at 50yds giving us our winter meat supply. -28 this am

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can relate, a few weeks back we were setting a target to verify the drop data on our .270 A.M.'s out at 1150yds. When we got to the intended target site we spied a pack of hogs easing down another road at about 300 or so yards. WE went back and got our rifles to try for a couple of decent mid ranged shots, and when we returned, ready for shots out to 4-500yds, we found the pack had turned around and was now at about 50 - 75. Well you dance with the one ya brought, and at the break of the trigger, there was pig pieces everywhere. THe 169.5 is a devestating bullet at that range pushing 3300 out the muzzle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, seems like I remember that very well...I was looking them over wanting a good meat hog and for a shot to get a double with the 270am and the 195's. But hell no someone next to me got over excited and just had to burn powder first and scatter the whole mess of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess that was payback time when I ask you if you could hear me and I didn't get a response then started in on the rabbit sqeeler then ask if you could here that and spooked all your deer off from around you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or the time we crossed the log with muddy boots and I broke the little limbs off on the way so you didn't have anything to hold on to so you would bust your *** in the cold water. That's a friend for ya there ain't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.