Went shooting... I was impressed!

Leaving tomorrow to scout for an upcoming Antelope hunt. While I'm up there I'm going to complete the testing between these two loads. Also might test another since I got a box of it. I'm going to shoot at 400,600,800,& 1000yds. This will be my first official group at 1000. I've shot rocks that far but never groups. I painted up some plywood targets today. I can't wait!!! Keep ya posted.

Leaving tomorrow to scout for an upcoming Antelope hunt. While I'm up there I'm going to complete the testing between these two loads. Also might test another since I got a box of it. I'm going to shoot at 400,600,800,& 1000yds. This will be my first official group at 1000. I've shot rocks that far but never groups. I painted up some plywood targets today. I can't wait!!! Keep ya posted.

Sounds like you have it going your way thus far. Good luck. Maybe you can post some pics:)

I'll take pics but I'll need help posting them. I'm not smart enough to get it to work. Couple more hours and I'll be on the road!!!

Wait a minute!

We have the following:

Novice shooter.

Factory rifle.

Factory Ammo.

Holding MOA at 800yds?

You should be very pleased.gun)

Outstanding. Keep it up!

He's new...
He didn't know it doesn't work that way....
I'm happy to put a hole in something furry and edible at that range-group be damned.

I'll take pics but I'll need help posting them. I'm not smart enough to get it to work. Couple more hours and I'll be on the road!!!

Hey we have alot in common , cus I just learned how to post pics and believe you me . If I can do it anybody can :) Pm me when you get em and I will be happy to help . Good luck

WildRose,
I appreciate all your kind words and great advice. I am quite pleased so far but also see room for improvement.

WildRose,
I appreciate all your kind words and great advice. I am quite pleased so far but also see room for improvement.
Buddy from what I see here about the only room for improvement is in the ammo dept.

For that you're going to either have to start loading your own or ship the rifle off to some custom loader to work you up a load and then load you a bunch.

MOA or less at these ranges with factory ammo is fantastic. Most people will never approach that even with handloads.

Congrats and feel free to gloat a little silently... .:D

I agree that group wise I will not do any better with this setup. It's getting all my drops to match perfectly and reading the wind so that I can make first round hits that I'm talking about. Trust me I'm very happy but also a perfectionist. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.