I was successful in Wyoming antelope draw

I was in 72 & 73 yesterday. We saw some really nice goats. The winter their was terrible and I thought it would hurt the horns but the pastures were greener than in several years from all the rain and the horns are nicer than average from what I saw.

Scott, I think it's #31, near Casper. I'll be there with a dozen of the Specialty Handgun boys.

I see you live only 100 miles from there. How are the coyotes to hunt that time of the year?

Last edited:
Scott, I think it's #31, near Casper. I'll be there with a dozen of the Specialty Handgun boys.

I see you live only 100 miles from there. How are the coyotes to hunt that time of the year?

Coyotes are great during Speed Goat season. The pups are kicked out from the dens and on their own for the most part. Calling is good !!

I was through your area 2 weeks ago.. Great grass and horns this year. They have great mass and long cutters due to the way above average moisture we have had this spring and early summer.... I think there will be some record book animals taken in Wyoming this year for sure....

I haven't visited the forum in over a year and the place sure looks nice. Must have been a total software upgrade?

Anyhow, I live in central Wyoming and I hunt a lot of p-dogs through the summer months. I'll echo the previous sentiments. Due to record spring moisture, and a cool May and June, we have a lot of grass, p-dogs by the truck loads, and the potential for a 80+ Pronghorn is excellent.

Len,
Last year was tough shooting prone with a 6-9" Harris. I was planning on using something different this year and now it sounds like a better plan on something even taller. Doug and some of the guys have been using their packs. I'll have to do some testing and see what works. I may just shoot sitting with the stadium seat for more support.
Since I never found a good spot with coyotes this past winter we can go for some in WY. I didn't have any luck getting anyone to go last two years out there.
I got a bunch of responses but never saw any. It's a lot different hunting out west.

Mike

Mike, I'd love to give the coyotes a go with you out there.

For the antelopes, I will come prepared with a tall Harris and a tripod for a rear rest.

yup, I would recommend a Stoney point with a rear tag along support too...

it is the best way to hunt out here... Heck, even on a dry year the sage brush is thick in some of the better goat country.

You guys look me up or drop me a PM... I'll try like heck to go coyote calling with ya...

Scott

Buffalobob,
Sorry for the delayed reply, I had to do a family wedding out of town. I would appreciate any info on the area. Is early better than late in the season? I would like to coordinate my elk/ mulie hunting without going home in between.
Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.