I either screwed up or made the best decision ever

They also didn't grow up learning all the bad habits we men spend the rest of our lives trying to unlearn.

So true. I do the barrels for our junior team. The most successful and the quickest to get their Distinguished Rifleman's Badge were the young ladies. We get kids from as young as 12 and they stay in the program through the year of their 20th birthday.

Boys know it already, hard to teach them, especially those whose fathers were "snipers" The girls just want to learn..

By the time boys started smelling fortune and gasoline, competition shooting take the back seat.

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.
Who do you want for backup? She shoots like my wife!

When i taught hunter/shooter education back in the 80s & 90s it was always apparent at the range that the girls usually ended up with the best groups on the targets. I believe the boys had developed bad B-B gun "bag manners". While the girls listened well to instructions because most had never handled firearms before.
Im sure you have heard that men and women think with opposite sides of our brains. Its been my experience that the old saying , men see the forest, women see the trees, couldn't be more true . Women will meticulously go through the process each time the settle into a weapon. Us guys are more concerned with the end product.
Im sure you have heard that men and women think with opposite sides of our brains. Its been my experience that the old saying , men see the forest, women see the trees, couldn't be more true . Women will meticulously go through the process each time they settle into a weapon. Us guys are more concerned with the end product.
My ex(still cant believe that happened) would pick her form apart from her feet up to her head position when shooting a bow. If any one detail didnt FEEL right, she wouldn't shoot . I cant count all the times she would stand at full draw for a solid minute ( a very long jtime with a bow. Pull your hunting rig and time a minute. You will be surprised) only to let down because something felt off. That is the tree thing . Guys will usually fight the bow and force the shot . I did that very thing on the most significant shot i ever released in archery comp , the last target on the last day at the ASA world championship . I was tied with another guy in my group FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR over 7 states . We were tied for shooter of the year in our class (over 300 shooters from all over the USA ). The wind was blowing a thunderstorm right over us . My arrow blew off the rest and Bill, the guy i was tied with put the arrow back on the rest at my request . Well, i made the shot , hit the highest scoring ring and won the title because Bill missed low by 1/4 inch and dropped 4 points. THATS A GUY THING, LOL. My ex would have let down and redrawn 5 times if she had to , if anything didn't feel perfect. Women see detail, details, details.

I am most certainly thrilled. It's awesome to have a built in spotter, partner to shoot with etc. Besides...no more dirty looks when buying reloading supplies or optics!
Sorry buddy, but you are off just a little. YOU will now be the designated spotter and back up shooter. You did this to yourself. Your only benefit will be much more enjoyable nights at camp. Been there, done that, and bought the Tshirt, nearly thirty years ago and things haven't changed. Enjoy!!

I've taken my wife and daughters to the range regularly and come to the realization that they all out shoot me.. A man has to calm his breath and calm his heart.. they don't have that problem !!!

You misunderstood my comment. When I said they wont listen to you, I meant, that spouses will not let you teach them anything. Did you ever try to teach your wife to drive? DONT TRY IT. Your wife is wired to think that you dont know anything that she doesnt. She has to be taught by someone she is not married to. I tried the simple thing of teaching my wife to back the car. Wasted time. All I got back was, "That doesnt work for me." I gave up.

My wife and both my daughters shoot lights out. My wife fires like 2-3 shots before season says she done. Bang flop opening day and says this isnt very hard. The next season same result but I took her on every scouting trip and hanging stands she learned her easy was from my work so now she says thank you instead of this isnt very hard... Shes 11 for 11 before noon opening day so far. Daughters do about the same but older one is married and I warned him she will take all the good stands and shoot the first buck count on it she done it every year to him I just laugh...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.