Got my first coyote

Lenwood901

was out scouting for deer and came across this guy

Attachments

• 8124EF73-4788-4704-96CA-766AA2548F10.jpeg
    8124EF73-4788-4704-96CA-766AA2548F10.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
First as in first ever or first this year or ???

Regardless, congrats!

We always like the details, so you shot it with what and how far?

it was first one ever ive been trying to get one with my bow but thats been hard to do. i shoot him with my first rifle my dad gave me its a 243 with 100g nosler partition at 125 yards the next day i got another one the day after across a ridge at 210 yards

it was first one ever ive been trying to get one with my bow but thats been hard to do. i shoot him with my first rifle my dad gave me its a 243 with 100g nosler partition at 125 yards the next day i got another one the day after across a ridge at 210 yards
Sounds like you're well on your way then. Congrats!

was out scouting for deer and came across this guy
Song dogs fun and sharpen hunting skills. Both shooting and wind control. They like to circle the sound to get your wind if they have been hunted much..they are usually there even when not seen. Luv when they bark back and then leave...frustrating at times.

Good kill! Cry-dogs are excellent for converting yourself from "city eyes" to country eyes if you spend most of your days surrounded by buildings, houses and cars. They keep your shooting skills high, too. What's not to like? I will have to admit to blowing the snot out of them with something big and nasty, usually my .338 WM, just so I don't have to skin the nasty, flea & tick infested buggers! Sometimes I'll use the .270 or .308, both of which still do a number on them. If I were to kill enough to make saving pelts worthwhile, I'd use the CheetaH or .223, but that hasn't happened in quite a few years. Getting old sucks big time!
Cheers,
crkckr

Got this guy a few years ago with my 300wm and hung the pelt in my "man-den" with my elk, deer, pheasant, ducks, quail, and blue goose. Took him at 75 yards, facing chest shot. Aimed as low as possible so as not to blow him up. He fell over DRT. Walked up and his chest and abdomen were laid open and already gutted!

Attachments

• DA829436-B295-42BF-B1CA-B61BD87484F9.jpeg
    DA829436-B295-42BF-B1CA-B61BD87484F9.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 153
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.