First coyote my hunting buddy got.

Parkerb14

I've been taking my big game hunting budy out coyote hunting of and on when I have time to make it back home for the weekend. For whatever reason, everytime weve called in a dog, he cannot see it or seem to hit it. So, last Saturday we went out to a new spot and made 1 stand and noting. we hiked about .5 miles over the next hill and I decided to let the Foxpro do some howling. After some male interogation then female invitiation, I did some challenge howls and a pack lit up probablly about .75 to 1 mile away over the next hill. So, we packed up and started to move got in posistion and sat down and glassed for a bit, nothing. So I started playing Utah Jack and after the 3rd series, here comes what we think is one. So I grab my video camera instead of trying to get a double. As soon as I had it set up he said "there is 3 of them" so I quickly switched back (they were still about 500 yds out). We have practiced for a double, person sitting on the right shoots the righ dog even if they cross paths you still shoot the right dog, and the count down....1...2...shoot. Well, I reminded him of this and he said ok. I said make sure you shoot the one on the right when they were about 60 yds away then boom he didnt wait for the count down and we only got one dog. I didn't even care, he is only 17 and I think I was more excited than he was. After running over the hill to look for the female with no success, we wen't back to the dog, which is the biggest dog i've seen, 42LBS. Now came the chore of packing him a mile back to the car. My girlfriend bought me an Eberlestock X1 for christmas, so I loaded him up and it worked great. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Here he is with the dog.
0315081742.jpg

Here it is in the Eberlestock.

0315081635.jpg

Good job Parker!
Another addict is born! If there is a twelve step program for this, I don't want to hear
about it. His future girlfriend/wife will forever curse your name tho!

Len, I hunt in Belfry, MT mostly, family owns a lot of land there. This dog was taken in between Red Lodge and Belfry on some BLM land.

Nice dog! I love stuffing dead critters in the back of my Eberlestock, though I've never had a coyote in mine... I reckon I'll have to remedy that.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.