Good quality pellet for rabbits?

Sounds invasion of illegal aliens.....
Since the neighbor has crap for lawn....string a five foot piece of chicken coop fencing out from his fence....they won't be smart enough to back up and start digging from 4' away....bugs bunny might have..but surely not Daffy.....
How's does it feel to be Elmer Fudd......are bald too...........ha....

Contact Jim Maccari at www.airrifleheadquarters.com. I don't know anyone who could give you better advice than he can. From the perfect rifle for your budget to pellets etc he is the man to talk to. He is as dedicated to precision air gunning as anyone would want! Forty plus years of excellent products .

So, not to beat the subject to death, but would the sweet spot for caliber be .22?
It's not as loud as the .25, and still
Contact Jim Maccari at www.airrifleheadquarters.com. I don't know anyone who could give you better advice than he can. From the perfect rifle for your budget to pellets etc he is the man to talk to. He is as dedicated to precision air gunning as anyone would want! Forty plus years of excellent products .

I appreciate that. I will do just that.
As is, I'm having a hard time just deciding on a caliber.
I'm leaning toward .22 for quietness, but maybe Jim has better insight...

action starts at about 6.30 into the video.
Worth a look and a careful listen to hear the gun.
A FAC airgun is one which has more than the statutory max in the UK

That gun is ridiculously accurate. At $2,600, I guess it should be.
The WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) for something like that would be on the low side of the scale!

I wonder how much blood I would have to sell.

I killed many critters with 22 cal pellet gun......many...old worn out hand me down the line of 5 boys and grandad.....pumpup too.....wish I still had it with all the new orings available.....

ComplicatedFakeCooter-size_restricted.gif

Consider the irony; that turd is the last thing to go thru the rabbits mind...

Checkout AmericanAirGunner....
72 caliber pellet gun
And then another that has a paintball tank screws on the backend and doubles as the buttstock.....

So, not to beat the subject to death, but would the sweet spot for caliber be .22?
It's not as loud as the .25, and still

I appreciate that. I will do just that.
As is, I'm having a hard time just deciding on a caliber.
I'm leaning toward .22 for quietness, but maybe Jim has better insight...
Jim is my brother, when we were kids my two brothers and I had a live for guns. One brother tactical, me I loved rifles and shotguns for sporting purposes! Jim had a love of airguns. He would pour over the air rifle headquarters cataloges and now he owns the company. He is really knowledgeable and has a passion for the sport !

I have the Marauder, shrouded and quiet from the factory, and an XP switch barrel in 308 and 45 cal with suppressor. By far the highest expense is the fill tank, moisture filter, etc.

Use caution with hand pumps without using an airdrying filter. The grades of aluminum that most airguns are made from is very prone to corrosion with little moisture.

Air guns can be a great way to expand your shooting opportunities, marksmanship, glassing and doping skills, but captive air rifles are not a cheap hobby. Resale market can be soft when you lose interest. I love mine but caveat emptor.

I have the Marauder, shrouded and quiet from the factory, and an XP switch barrel in 308 and 45 cal with suppressor. By far the highest expense is the fill tank, moisture filter, etc.

Use caution with hand pumps without using an airdrying filter. The grades of aluminum that most airguns are made from is very prone to corrosion with little moisture.

Air guns can be a great way to expand your shooting opportunities, marksmanship, glassing and doping skills, but captive air rifles are not a cheap hobby. Resale market can be soft when you lose interest. I love mine but caveat emptor.

I just missed 2 friggin' rabbits with my bow. Didn't want to use good arrows, so I shot crappy ones, and missed by a few. I'm now resolved to buy a GOOD air rifle, even if it's more than I anticipated. I'd rather have accuracy. Although, I think my longest shots will be about 40 yds, I may want to play around with it to "expand my shooting opportunities" as you said.

I think a .22 would be quite enough for bunnies (plus a larger selection of pellets), in fact I wouldn't hesitate to use my .177 RWS springer on them although it's a bit loud for your purposes. Just so you know, airgun suppressors must be permanently fixed to the barrel and all of the ones I've seen were simply a part of the barrel, not something you could remove or add on at a later date. Spend the bucks and get a good one, you'll love it! And just like any other rifle, you'll have to check a bunch of different brands of pellets to find out which it likes best.
Cheers,
crkckr

I think a .22 would be quite enough for bunnies (plus a larger selection of pellets), in fact I wouldn't hesitate to use my .177 RWS springer on them although it's a bit loud for your purposes. Just so you know, airgun suppressors must be permanently fixed to the barrel and all of the ones I've seen were simply a part of the barrel, not something you could remove or add on at a later date. Spend the bucks and get a good one, you'll love it! And just like any other rifle, you'll have to check a bunch of different brands of pellets to find out which it likes best.
Cheers,
crkckr
I agree .22 is all that is needed for rabbit at 40+ yards. And .177 will work just fine. But in my experience the larger the caliber of pellet the better the anchoring of your target. Of course the larger the bore the more decibels you get. It's a trade-off and .22 seems to be the best in terms of quietness and knockdown power.
And most barrels are pellet picky, but usually, a JSB will work in most barrels.
For most, a springer is hold sensitive, I myself have never been able to shoot a springer accurately. IMO, just cry once and get a decent PCP with a big 70 or 90 Cu.Ft. tank.
And no, airgun suppressors do not have to be permanently affixed to the barrel, I have a Sumatra .25 and a W.A.R. .30 with removable suppressors.Though a fully shrouded barrel seems much quieter and makes for a more compact profile.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.