For Us Lefties Caliber choice Remington 700, 721, Win 70, Savage 110 Action

Without knowing the intent of the gun, and what action you are using, I would say get one if the clones with available prefits. After owning a TL3 I will not be going back to factory actions… if you want a different caliber it's a 5 minute barrel swap at the range to whatever you want to shoot.
That's why I want a Barrett Mrad so when that awesome new caliber comes out I can get one without getting a new gun!!!

@BAKPAKR . All of this is just to see what folks would be interested in at this time. Also what actions I run across will somewhat tell me what I can build. So trying to see maybe what the people are looking for.
If you are looking at strictly resale, stick to 7 Rem Mag or 300 Win mag. if it is a mag bolt face and 280, 30-06 based factory cartridges if it isn't. Despite what you read on this site, we are NOT anywhere close to representing the majority of gun buyers. This site is dedicated to the minority that love Long Distance shooting. More than 95% of gun buuyers think long distance is 300 yards.

If you are looking at strictly resale, stick to 7 Rem Mag or 300 Win mag. if it is a mag bolt face and 280, 30-06 based factory cartridges if it isn't. Despite what you read on this site, we are NOT anywhere close to representing the majority of gun buyers. This site is dedicated to the minority that love Long Distance shooting. More than 95% of gun buuyers think long distance is 300 yards.
Why I understand what you're saying, it is directed to this group as the only people that are going to see this post, "IS" people on this forum, hence forth Why I can't stick with any 1 caliber as stated, I'm some what dictated to what I find, but by asking it gives me something to keep an eye out for.

Which I found a Rem SA in a .308 thinking I would build a LH .308, but then the world changed as I found and started looking at the .22 Creedmoor.

Now this will be my Coyote build/shooter. So that's how it goes, one day building to sell, the next day using what I have to build another rifle for me.

Why I understand what you're saying, it is directed to this group as the only people that are going to see this post, "IS" people on this forum, hence forth Why I can't stick with any 1 caliber as stated, I'm some what dictated to what I find, but by asking it gives me something to keep an eye out for.

Which I found a Rem SA in a .308 thinking I would build a LH .308, but then the world changed as I found and started looking at the .22 Creedmoor.

Now this will be my Coyote build/shooter. So that's how it goes, one day building to sell, the next day using what I have to build another rifle for me.
Really tough to give you much for quality advice when the parameters of the question change so often and so drastically. LH LA in 700, Savage, Model 70, (the 721 never came in LH) no specification of bolt head, build for resale; to Rem SA, standard bolt head, not for resale. Wish you all the best.

This question is to get a reply on what caliber someone would want if I was to build off from a Rem 700 Left Hand.
Not what I want, but what the people you guys would be looking for.
Back when, I WAS a Gunsmith, ( Years ago), I would build, several, "Spec" Rifles in, various Calibers, every Year on, Customized Mauser, Actions.
Back then,, the .270 Win and .280 Rem's, ALWAYS sold, the BEST, followed by, the .30-06 and .25-06 !
The "Big Money", Sheep Hunters ( the Grand Slam, guys ) in those Days, preferred, the .270 Win.
Might try, a 6.5-06 Ai or .280 Ai as they are, real Popular, Today !
A Rem 700 with, a Timney "Elite" Trigger and a descent quality Barrel, Bedded / Free Floated & WITH, a Target to, PROVE Accuracy, SHOULD,.. Sell !
Back in the 1970's and 1980's, a Sub., One MOA Rifle was what, I strived for with, Factory Ammo.
The Fancy Stock's, I built and the Target's that, I provided,.. SOLD the Rifles.

Last edited:
Back when, I WAS a Gunsmith, ( Years ago), I would build, several, "Spec" Rifles in, various Calibers, every Year on, Customized Mauser, Actions.
Back then,, the .270 Win and .280 Rem's, ALWAYS sold, the BEST, followed by, the .30-06 and .25-06 !
The "Big Money", Sheep Hunters ( the Grand Slam, guys ) in those Days, preferred, the .270 Win.
Might try, a 6.5-06 Ai or .280 Ai as they are, real Popular, Today !
A Rem 700 with, a Timney "Elite" Trigger and a descent quality Barrel, Bedded / Free Floated & WITHm a Target to, PROVE Accuracy, SHOULD,.. Sell !
Thanks Idaho Lefty, much appreciated.

Really tough to give you much for quality advice when the parameters of the question change so often and so drastically. LH LA in 700, Savage, Model 70, (the 721 never came in LH) no specification of bolt head, build for resale; to Rem SA, standard bolt head, not for resale. Wish you all the best.
Hey Dean2, not saying this disrespectfully. I'm looking for stocks and actions, not advice.
I do all my barrels through Stan Taylor a.k.a. Douglas barrels
between him and researching I come up with what I want to build.

For this thread was about "IF" I were to build and sell, a Left Handed rifle what would lefties be looking for, Assuming (Yes a risk I know) would not be a standard caliber that the big Companies are building and readily available

Back in the Day, I used, Pre-Fit / Rough Chambered, Douglas Premium Barrels ( From Brownell's ) and they ALWAYS,.. shot, very "Good" !
Had all, the Reamers from, .25-06 to .30-06 and, a NICE Lathe / Mill, "Combo" to do, the work.
Test Fired them with Factory, Remington CoreLock's ( surprisingly, accurate ).
Sounds like, you are having, Fun & making, a Few bucks, on the Side, hopefully !

Back in the Day, I used, Pre-Fit / Rough Chambered, Douglas Premium Barrels ( From Brownell's ) and they ALWAYS,.. shot, very "Good" !
Had all, the Reamers from, .25-06 to .30-06 and, a NICE Lathe / Mill, "Combo" to do, the work.
Test Fired them with Factory, Remington CoreLock's ( surprisingly, accurate ).
Sounds like, you are having, Fun & making, a Few bucks, on the Side, hopefully !
Well IL, that's the long term thought, but even with that I'll have both the rifles I always wanted if noting else, and what else could a guy want.
But really , it would be nice to offer Left Hand rifles in a caliber choice that someone wants rather than to have to settle for things we don't want because no one offers it in a .22 Creedmoor, or a .264 or a 4000 bazooka, lol

Last edited:
My Rifles Today, are mostly, either, Rem 700 or, Tikka, T-3, LEFTY, actions and all have, GREAT, Triggers.
All, Sub 1/2 MOA from, the .22-250 Rem to, the .270 WSM with, Tuned Handloads.