For Us Lefties Caliber choice Remington 700, 721, Win 70, Savage 110 Action

MI.264

OK, looking at doing a build off from a Left Hand Remington 700 Long Action Rifle.
Just looking for opinions if you were looking to buy, what would be your caliber of choice from this action
(This is "NOT" for me but mainly for me to keep an eye out for a perspective buyer and I run across a barrel that is what the majority of the people are looking for.

I know this is a wide open topic so don't get sarcastic
Just thinking of what caliber / barrel to do one in
that meets the higher percentage of likes so to sé

Last edited:
I just learned of it a couple of months ago. I have all of the others covered and some multiple times, but no 25 caliber. There is always the 25.06, but there is this one person that really irritates me, and he has one, so there is no way in hello that I would ever get one lol.
Too funny, it's amazing the things we do, but I get it, and understand it.
Will have to go look at that round now.

Hey, I'm a righty, but I want to build a left handed bolt action pistol in 25 CM. I have cases and dies, just trying to decide on the action, barrel, and stock.
For the OP, you might want to narrow your criteria down a bit. Main use of the rifle, etc.
Good Luck and Take Care

OK, looking at doing a build off from a Left Hand Remington 700 Long Action Rifle.
Just looking for opinions if you were looking to buy, what would be your caliber of choice from this action

I know this is a wide open topic so don't get sarcastic
Just thinking of what caliber / barrel to do one in
that meets the higher percentage of likes so to sé

What is your bolt face diameter and, if magnum, what feed rails do you have? I just had a left hand 700 LSS in 300 RUM rebarreled in a 30 Nosler. If I would have had non-ultra mag feed rails, I probably would have gone with a 300 PRC or a 300 Win.

Now, I am waiting for a KS contoured barrel to change a lefty 700 LSS in 30-06 into a 700 KS in 280 AI. I was tempted to have it made into a 338-06. I have a third 700 LSS, also in 300 RUM, that is either going to become a 338 RUM, be transformed into a 700 KS in 30 Nosler, or be sold to fund some sort of 338.

A fast twist 257 Weatherby would be nice but I don't think I have the feed rails for it.

What is your bolt face diameter and, if magnum, what feed rails do you have? I just had a left hand 700 LSS in 300 RUM rebarreled in a 30 Nosler. If I would have had non-ultra mag feed rails, I probably would have gone with a 300 PRC or a 300 Win.

Now, I am waiting for a KS contoured barrel to change a lefty 700 LSS in 30-06 into a 700 KS in 280 AI. I was tempted to have it made into a 338-06. I have a third 700 LSS, also in 300 RUM, that is either going to become a 338 RUM, be transformed into a 700 KS in 30 Nosler, or be sold to fund some sort of 338.

A fast twist 257 Weatherby would be nice but I don't think I have the feed rails for it.
@BAKPAKR . All of this is just to see what folks would be interested in at this time. Also what actions I run across will somewhat tell me what I can build. So trying to see maybe what the people are looking for.

Without knowing the intent of the gun, and what action you are using, I would say get one if the clones with available prefits. After owning a TL3 I will not be going back to factory actions… if you want a different caliber it's a 5 minute barrel swap at the range to whatever you want to shoot.

Without knowing the intent of the gun, and what action you are using, I would say get one if the clones with available prefits. After owning a TL3 I will not be going back to factory actions… if you want a different caliber it's a 5 minute barrel swap at the range to whatever you want to shoot.
READ: The post

Thanks, and give me your thoughts on a non mag-mag "Why"
Magnum cartridges vary widely and come with the cost of higher recoil generally. Although I use a 6.5 PRC, mag case head, primarily it's not heavy recoiling cartridge. I also run a short action for it. In your case a long action and both those cartridges cover a wide base of use without significant recoil and cost to shoot. If you want a magnum then a 300 prc is an easy route to go. I built one and it works well, just no desire to shoot it.