For Us Lefties Caliber choice Remington 700, 721, Win 70, Savage 110 Action

There are a multitude of good to great cartridges out there. I personally have 25 Souper (25-308) a 7mm08 A 280 AI and a 30-338. All started life on Remington LH 700 actions. The 30-338 is hard to get good 338 brass for and I may have it re barreled or re chambered in 30 Nosler. I may build one more rifle on a custom action, A 6mm Creedmoor for target.

Last edited:
I would go 7mm Rem Mag. Great all around cartridge and easier on the shoulder than the bigger calibers and easier to get back on target to watch impacts at long distances. That is of course if you have the proper bolt face diameter. Also, I am a lefty as well and understand your dilemma...lol.

I would go 7mm Rem Mag. Great all around cartridge and easier on the shoulder than the bigger calibers and easier to get back on target to watch impacts at long distances. That is of course if you have the proper bolt face diameter. Also, I am a lefty as well and understand your dilemma...lol.
This question is to get a reply on what caliber someone would want if I was to build off from a Rem 700 Left Hand.
Not what I want, but what the people you guys would be looking for.

This question is to get a reply on what caliber someone would want if I was to build off from a Rem 700 Left Hand.
Not what I want, but what the people you guys would be looking for.
Let me restate then. I would always be looking for a 7mm Rem Mag for my stated reasoning above and to add, the inherently high BC's. I always thought I was a 30 cal guy, but 7mm and .338 has won my heart.

Something in a .284. Ie, 7-08, 7 RM, 280 AI. But not a 6.5 PRC, can't find any ammo or loading components for it. Stay in the middle if you're ever looking to resale it.
Rosebud. I'm building a .264 right now off from a Rem.700 a 26" Douglas Barrel with a 1-8 twist which I think will do everything I want.

I have a few left Hand Rem 700 LA stocks I'm picking up in a week or so, so Interested, being retired, in doing a few builds a year, but getting ideas on what maybe people would be looking for.

Last edited:
@BAKPAKR . All of this is just to see what folks would be interested in at this time. Also what actions I run across will somewhat tell me what I can build. So trying to see maybe what the people are looking for.

Gotcha. Before you edited your post, I (and other posters) thought you were looking for ideas for yourself. I am R700 poor so I won't be able to help take any off your hands.

Gotcha. Before you edited your post, I (and other posters) thought you were looking for ideas for yourself. I am R700 poor so I won't be able to help take any off your hands.
OK, I need to do one more edit then to incorporate Win, and Savage as well.
Heading there now.

OK, looking at doing a build off from a Left Hand Remington 700 Long Action Rifle.
Just looking for opinions if you were looking to buy, what would be your caliber of choice from this action
(This is "NOT" for me but mainly for me to keep an eye out for a perspective buyer and I run across a barrel that is what the majority of the people are looking for.

I know this is a wide open topic so don't get sarcastic
Just thinking of what caliber / barrel to do one in
that meets the higher percentage of likes so to sé
OK, My bad, I should have included the following actions, as I edited the title on the thread to read: Rem.700,721. Win 70 and Savage 110. Those are the actions I'm looking for as well as the stocks (All being Left Handed.

I agree with BrentM & his selections of the 6.5-284 & 280 AI.
I would also add the 257WBY for me personally, especially if it's attached to a PROOF or Carbon Six.

READ: The post

Sorry, I misunderstood your initial post as it sounded like you were looking for yourself. I think that there will be a resurgence in popularity for the quarter bore with the new bullets coming out. Make some 25-06 or 25 creedmoor's with bullets fast enough to run the heavy bullets and it will be something different for people to pick up.

@BAKPAKR . All of this is just to see what folks would be interested in at this time. Also what actions I run across will somewhat tell me what I can build. So trying to see maybe what the people are looking for.
So a case in point, I just ran across a Rem 700 left Hand action in a .308.
So I have about 5 stocks coming, 1. I'll use for my .264 build, the other I thought of just refinishing the stock and building the .308, but lately I've been reading up on the .22 Creedmoor, which I can use this .308 for, whalla, but that's how it works, the parts come available and tell ya what to build, lol.