Food Prices and On the Shelves Supply

Things are getting strange.Walmart ran out of chickens the last time I shopped.
One analyst said we are way over due for a market correction and another said we are way over due for a stock market crash.
Obama said we know too much now to let that happen again like 1929.
Could we be in for a stock market crash?
We can all laugh and joke and have a good time. We need to! Could happen. We as a group are blessed with the skills needed to survive most anything so we can joke around during times like these, and not worry too much. I worry for my grandchildren, and pray I live long enough to teach them. I fear they have much more to worry about than us, and pray we can keep them clueless as long as possible.

Things are getting strange.Walmart ran out of chickens and a lot of other things the last time I shopped.
One analyst said we are way over due for a market correction and another said we are way over due for a stock market crash.
Obama said we know too much now to let that happen again like 1929.
Could we be in for a stock market crash?
Pure educated speculation here as far as Walmart goes. They have recently began to proprietorize ALL of their meat products like they have done with everything else in that Godforsaken place. They now are buying and building the farms to the packing facilities to control it all and bypass the little guys, farmers and put them out of business just like every mainstreet store in the US. With the abnormally large outbreak of avian flu so far this year,(some of this happens every year just most people never know it) poultry supplies are tighter than normal in general. If one of their farms was affected, it means every bird on the place is disposed of. There are 10s of thousands of chickens on these farms at one time. Pretty easy to get a whole in your net like that.

We can all laugh and joke and have a good time. We need to! Could happen. We as a group are blessed with the skills needed to survive most anything so we can joke around during times like these, and not worry too much. I worry for my grandchildren, and pray I live long enough to teach them. I fear they have much more to worry about than us, and pray we can keep them clueless as long as possible.
100% agree. i have a 5, 3 and 2 year old and I worry more for them and the country/world they will be left to deal with more than anything. they start indoctrinating these kids to be activists and woke in kindergarten these days. hopefully they'll adopt my interest in the outdoors, but you never know. if they dont, it wont be from my lack of trying.

a market crash wouldnt surprise. but i think there's too many ways for the government to artificially prop up the markets. if it didnt crash in 2008 when big banks were failing and 2020 when the economy was literally turned off, i dont see how it would right now.

of course, if it crashes while the demoturds are in power they'll use it as an excuse to take over more areas of the market since they despise capitalism. remember, it's about the outcome being equal, not the opportunity.

Man I picked the right time to start fasting. One meal a day sure cut down on my driving to gas station for snacks now $2-3 for a hostess. Then lunches and dinners.
Really makes a difference going from someone who eats an insane amount of food a day cleaning out our fridge on the regular to now juts the wife and two small kids.
Gonna get the moped back out I bought the last time we had a spineless liberal in office. Hmm $4 a gallon both times but Jim from tenn still thinks no connection between those it.
Just weird every time a president runs on taking down the fossil fuel industry and spending our money they take by force on some green project. And they win they go after oil. Almost like what they said they were gonna do they did. Then rely on the base to cover them with pointing the finger to the last guy.
George W Bush was a spineless liberal?

Gates owns all the land where potatoes are grown for McDonald's fries!
Turner is an eccentric. I remember over 20 years ago he was driving in Atlanta with an old ford and no air conditioning in the middle of our HOT summer. He has bought thousands of acres of land and then turned it back to natural where he took out homes, buildings, roads, bridges, power lines. Good for habitat conversation, but does it in crazy way. Doesn't like hunters.
Lol. Hates hunters. Yet raises Buffalo so people can pay to drive out and "hunt" one. Buddy killed a whitey near one of his property lines. Ranch hands came flying out to check. Lol.

just got back from walmart. there were a few sections that were bare. but prices weren't terrible, especially if you get the great value stuff. tons of meats, canned goods, everything. i always buy a can or 2 of something when i go in the grocery store. especially since brandon said we might have shortages at some point.

now the ammo section is something different. they had about 10 boxes of pheasant loads, some .30-06 and 20 or so bricks of 22LR. that's it. i went for turkey shells.

George W Bush was a spineless liberal?
Might as well have been. We saw a spike in fuel last two quarters of 08 followed by a drop in prices the first two quarters of Obama's first term followed by a extended long term higher than normal price for the rest of Obama's term. Fairly sharp drop after Trump was sworn in.
Prices stayed low until first quarter of Biden's term and was a stark increase and has stayed up. That's According to business insider.
Hard to not believe my own lying eyes.

Chart that shows data per quarter

Attachments

• D8AFED66-1E32-46BF-8B8B-0B1FA626533B.png
    D8AFED66-1E32-46BF-8B8B-0B1FA626533B.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
just got back from walmart. there were a few sections that were bare. but prices weren't terrible, especially if you get the great value stuff. tons of meats, canned goods, everything. i always buy a can or 2 of something when i go in the grocery store. especially since brandon said we might have shortages at some point.

now the ammo section is something different. they had about 10 boxes of pheasant loads, some .30-06 and 20 or so bricks of 22LR. that's it. i went for turkey shells.
You cannot buy what you can load with tungsten shot and specialty wads, buffer and so forth from Ballistic Products. If you don't load for shotguns you can even get dies and a shell holder that will work with a standard press. Or get a cheap Lee Loader. Perfect for small batches of turkey loads. You can improve on premium shotgun loads to the same degree you can rifle loads. Fun too! Assuming you can find 100 primers to work with. Good luck on that.

And that my father taught me how to understand the patterns of nature and wildlife. The man can still tell time by the sun within a +-5 minute margin of error.
I'm old enough to know why. Do you? It's because our parents would beat us like we stole something if we were late and kids did not have cell phones or even watches. We were expected to be responsible and be there on time on our own and learn to keep up with the time. Wow, how things have changed. Heck, I don't even think my parents had a key for their house when I was growing up. didn't need one.

I found out Walmart in Helena Montana gets their shipments on Wednesday so I won't go shopping until late Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Even the day after shipments the shelves are not what they used to be.

Recent Posts