Food Prices and On the Shelves Supply

I found out Walmart in Helena Montana gets their shipments on Wednesday so I won't go shopping until late Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Even the day after shipments the shelves are not what they used to be.
This could get serious. Might be a good time to go out and get a few cases of mason jars before there is a run on them. Then maybe us start a thread on canning for the younger folks. The electric grid is hanging on by a thread according to a friend. Lose the freezers and we will lose all our meat and everything else if we can't can it quickly. Maybe for once we should get together and act instead of react. But, I hate canned deer!

This could get serious. Might be a good time to go out and get a few cases of mason jars before there is a run on them. Then maybe us start a thread on canning for the younger folks. The electric grid is hanging on by a thread according to a friend. Lose the freezers and we will lose all our meat and everything else if we can't can it quickly. Maybe for once we should get together and act instead of react. But, I hate canned deer!
I have canned since I was a kid but I have never canned meat.Maybe a thread just on canning and getting ready for worse times.Even if it don't come now it will come some day.

Maybe ad how to dry cure meats and fish. Buy lots of salt too. As for the canning, last time it was the lids thay got scarce around here. Everyone around here keeps/recycles their jars.

I have canned since I was a kid but I have never canned meat.Maybe a thread just on canning and getting ready for worse times.Even if it don't come now it will come some day.
My grandparents would can sausage, sealed it with lard, no lid. As the the old saying goes, "they used everything from a hog but the squeal."

Careful with the moped, they can be dangerous. I got on one once and some someone took a picture. I had had to go underground for a while.
So I am that guy everyone in town talks about. I would ride that thing 60 miles one way to make a trip. Heck one time my wife and I rode it 45min by car down to by a chocolate fountain then rode back with it between my legs.
We definitely got some looks. But I did it for $5 in gas instead of $40

I LOVE pickles, pickled okra and pickled eggs. I've never had pickled beets, but sounds like I need to remedy that situation asap.
Ate a whole can of pickled beets last night for a snack.
Great with purple onions cut up in small amounts.
next week I will get a jar and pickle some eggs.
Orange Dust I am headed for the cooking thread right now.Thanks

Ate a whole can of pickled beets last night for a snack.
Great with purple onions cut up in small amounts.
next week I will get a jar and pickle some eggs.
Orange Dust I am headed for the cooking thread right now.Thanks
That's sounds like it could go sideways fast. Never tried pickled beets. Sounds weird but I've ate some weird crap and loved it.

Recent Posts