Food prices skyrocketing, want to start making high calorie food bars

Southernfryedyankee

Went to my local supermarket today and within a few weeks time bacon rose from around $3.50-$4.50 to $9 for a 12oz bacon pkg, they had their store brand for $5.49 and I bout died. After posting my frustrations on my FB page I got a message from a friend of mine telling me to start stockpiling food, that she could not tell me what was going on but she knew something was in the works and could not discuss it, she also told me to delete the messages she had sent me immediately after reading them which I found VERY odd as she is not the conspiracy theory type nor has she ever been. I have my family that I need to think about and it would seem emergency bars such as these would be easily transported should we have to leave in an emergency. I still am dealing with these stresses that I was battling awhile back trying to do more and more (ESPECIALLY with my kids) to keep my mind occupied and staying off the internet as much as possible.

In all honesty, is anyone else noticing drastic changes in food/water prices or noticing weird things happening around you? It still scares the **** out of me, if I was on my own I would probably never bat an eye but I have children to take care of and a newborn that will be here very shortly.

I have looked online and found a few recipes but does anyone have any other recipes of their own that are highly caloric? What can be added to these types of bars to increase their calories?

fuel prices have a lot to do with it. Just remember when picking a recipe there's more to it than just calories. Vitamins fiber(help you feel full) among other things.

Went to my local supermarket today and within a few weeks time bacon rose from around $3.50-$4.50 to $9 for a 12oz bacon pkg, they had their store brand for $5.49 and I bout died. After posting my frustrations on my FB page I got a message from a friend of mine telling me to start stockpiling food, that she could not tell me what was going on but she knew something was in the works and could not discuss it, she also told me to delete the messages she had sent me immediately after reading them which I found VERY odd as she is not the conspiracy theory type nor has she ever been. I have my family that I need to think about and it would seem emergency bars such as these would be easily transported should we have to leave in an emergency. I still am dealing with these stresses that I was battling awhile back trying to do more and more (ESPECIALLY with my kids) to keep my mind occupied and staying off the internet as much as possible.

In all honesty, is anyone else noticing drastic changes in food/water prices or noticing weird things happening around you? It still scares the **** out of me, if I was on my own I would probably never bat an eye but I have children to take care of and a newborn that will be here very shortly.

I have looked online and found a few recipes but does anyone have any other recipes of their own that are highly caloric? What can be added to these types of bars to increase their calories?
Listen to that friend of yours. By the time the media tells you something is happening it will be to late.