Food Prices and On the Shelves Supply

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Last year it was toilet paper. Went to Walmart today. Most all canned foods, rice, flower, BARLEY were gone. We use a lot of Barley for soups and totally gone from Walmart and other grocery stores in our area. I bought a few items today and it rang up $96.57. The person at the register said WOW not much for almost $100.. I just replied can't drive and now can't eat. We don't even buy fresh meat anymore. Animal feed for dogs/cats/horses/goats- wow. Try being a Cattel farmer???? Everything is priced way too much. I made a comment the other day on LRH. My six pack of beer a week that I get went up like 26%. Still have a Deer in the freezer and now have to go get some hogs. Can't keep chickens here unless they are fenced in. Hawks and Yotes get um. Tried growing vegetables here for years. DEER/hogs/armadillos eat everything.
Still feel really blessed compared to the poor people in Ukraine.
Well God Bless all of us!

Seeing it big time when fuel started shooting up. Some people are smart enough to get prepared for what is coming.
Family involved in shipping freight and product all over the US and overseas.
Shipping is going up twice as fast as fuel. What cost 5k before the last election is 15k last week.
The largest expense for farmers are fuel derived costs and for many labor. They don't control even close to what they sell products for. It is the three middle men and retailer that is making the money.
Just got half a corn finished beef cut and wrapped by the rancher. $3.88 a pound and they are making money. So who is making the increase of $5-20 a pound at market not the farmer/rancher.

Last year it was toilet paper. Went to Walmart today. Most all canned foods, rice, flower, BARLEY were gone. We use a lot of Barley for soups and totally gone from Walmart and other grocery stores in our area. I bought a few items today and it rang up $96.57. The person at the register said WOW not much for almost $100.. I just replied can't drive and now can't eat. We don't even buy fresh meat anymore. Animal feed for dogs/cats/horses/goats- wow. Try being a Cattel farmer???? Everything is priced way too much. I made a comment the other day on LRH. My six pack of beer a week that I get went up like 26%. Still have a Deer in the freezer and now have to go get some hogs. Can't keep chickens here unless they are fenced in. Hawks and Yotes get um. Tried growing vegetables here for years. DEER/hogs/armadillos eat everything.
Still feel really blessed compared to the poor people in Ukraine.
Well God Bless all of us!
I've been preaching this would come ever since the election. I bought 100# of rice and 100# of assorted beans and put them in 5gal buckets with sealed lids still in the sealed plastic bags. Mix in some meat and all will be well. Boring, but fed.

Last trip to Sams bought a couple cases of Spam. I don't think that stuff even has a shelf life. every trip to the store buy an item like that. You don't really notice it on your bill and it all adds up pretty fast. OH, I do that @ the LGS also, but don't tell the wife. I'm no prepper by any stretch of the imiagination but I will never be actually hungry unless displaced.

Everytime we feel pressured we compare our situation as 2 old retired folks, not needing a double 40 mile daily round trip commute for 2 wage earners, needing to feed 4 people including a teen age boy, and pay inflated monthly rent. This is what wifey's niece and her husband face. I believe this is a planned assault on mid-level wage earner America - note that I did not use term, "middle class" because these people have more "class" than those running things. A push to socialize & flatten American society. I did not get into elevated sales tax demands on inflated goods & heating/cooling energy cost increases.

If we had to, we could exist on a diet of fishheads, rice, beans & dandelion greens.

We are trying to get our young folks out of their "democratic workers paradise" so they can live normal lives. Can't blame it on Putin.

Last edited:
Everytime we feel pressured we compare our situation as 2 old retired folks, not needing a double 40 mile daily round trip commute for 2 wage earners,needing to feed 4 people including a teen age boy, and pay inflated monthly rent. This is what wifey's niece and her husband face. I believe this is a planned assault on mid-level wage earner America - note that I did not use term, "middle class" because these people have more "class" than those running things. A push to socialize & flatten American society. I did not get into energy cost increases and such.

If we had to, we could exist on a diet of fishheads, rice, beans & dandelion greens.

We are trying to get those young folks out of their "democratic workers paradise" so they can live normal lives. Can't blame it on Putin.
You are very correct Sir. they tipped their hand with the Essential / Non-essential businesses during covid

We have a local LDS pantry. They sell very reasonably priced food like dried beans, rice, oats in the large tins by the case. It has like a 20+ yr shelf life.

My son is graduating from college in May and has a great job commitment. A huge portion of his income will be for rent. His rent will be more than my mortgage and insurance.

We have a local LDS pantry. They sell very reasonably priced food like dried beans, rice, oats in the large tins by the case. It has like a 20+ yr shelf life.

My son is graduating from college in May and has a great job commitment. A huge portion of his income will be for rent. His rent will be more than my mortgage and insurance.
If the store runs out of prepared foods in boxes I will have to feed both my kids. I promise I tried to teach them to cook with what you have, but they won't even try. I am afraid they are the rule not the exception and it could get dicey if folks get hungry.

If the store runs out of prepared foods in boxes I will have to feed both my kids. I promise I tried to teach them to cook with what you have, but they won't even try. I am afraid they are the rule not the exception and it could get dicey if folks get hungry.
Whole lot of truth here. History shows us that a lot of societal breakdowns on this planet revolve around hunger. Oh wait, we aren't aloud to teach history to our kids anymore.

I remember seeing on television that when Egypt went from an oil exporter to an oil importer a few years back that that event contributed to the Arab Winter. There was also a peer reviewed journal article around the same time that said the same. Increased energy prices effected food costs.

If the incompetence of Brandon and his band of idiots keeps on going as it has I think a similar thing could happen here.

Maybe we can get Canada to increase agricultural output and maybe we can do the same. However with Brandon's fertilizer sanctions on us, oops I mean Putin, that is going to be problematic as well. Last I heard we get 11% of our fertilizer components from Russia. Without increasing energy production costs are still going to be high. This is why this "Green New Deal" MUST be abandoned immediately in favor of a return to a sound fossil fuel based energy system, for at least the near to mid term. This can't go on at this rate much longer or "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny" will be on our doorsteps.

If the incompetence of Brandon and his band of idiots keeps on going as it has I think a similar thing could happen here.
They don't get where they are by being dumb idiots. The fact that people still think they are stupid, and the things they do come from being "idiots" is basically the entire problem.

They know exactly what they are doing, and they are doing it deliberately. They are intelligent, determined, deceitful, and wield and enormous amount of power. How can you expect to win, if you don't even know who we're fighting?

Despite that, this has been happening for thousands of years... just like this. Nothing is different. You don't look left or right for your security. You look up, and within.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

They don't get where they are by being dumb idiots. The fact that people still think they are stupid, and the things they do come from being "idiots" is basically the entire problem.

They know exactly what they are doing, and they are doing it deliberately. They are intelligent, determined, deceitful, and wield and enormous amount of power. How can you expect to win, if you don't even know who we're fighting?

Despite that, this has been happening for thousands of years... just like this. Nothing is different. You don't look left or right for your security. You look up, and within.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

So they are evil reprobates then?

What does that say for those that voted for them?

So they are evil reprobates then?

What does that say for those that voted for them?
Don't know who them is? I believe it's the gates, sucker butt, Anderson, Dorsey, gref, Soros, and another couple dozen. They are the ones controlling the world through the corrupt politicians.....98 percent of them in the world.

To this topic I fully believe gates is not buying up insane amounts of farmland as a financial investment.

Turner bought up 100's k acres for his own space and income. The controlling part came almost instantly afterwards. Turner is a fly fart compared to what gates is doing.