First Rifle Ever!

Guys, this is the scope I'm looking at. What are your thoughts? Sightron seems to get good reviews around here.

Amazon.com: New Sightron Scopes SII 4-16X42MM Mil Dot Reticle AO Scope Satin Black Adjustment Shooter Hunter: Sports & Outdoors

That one will definitely work. I have planned to get a Sightron at one point, but my loyalties lie with Vortex and Nikon. Though you may want to look at the Falcon Menace, and the Weaver Tactical. Weaver's high end scopes are pretty nice. Don't own one, but would not be afraid to buy one. They didn't have that particular model when I was looking a year or two ago. If I ever go Sightron, it will be the SIII 8-32.

Tank

I was 37 when I got my first rifle. Had never even shot a centerfire before that. You don't need to grow up with firearms to be a decent shot. It's like a sickness. I've got a 1/2 dozen rifles now and reload for all of them.

I was 37 when I got my first rifle. Had never even shot a centerfire before that. You don't need to grow up with firearms to be a decent shot. It's like a sickness. I've got a 1/2 dozen rifles now and reload for all of them.

I'm impressed, that's awsome.

I grew up with them, and I was 24 when I finally bought a 10/22, my first long arm. My first hunting rifle was shortly after that. Dad's were always avilable, so took me a while getting around to getting my own.

Then I got the BRD, it's been down hill from there, and pick'n up speed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.